Photo

2003 Toy Fair Pics

25 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:08 PM

Mal just dropped these in my inbox. For your viewing pleasure...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:45 PM

holy shit that pistole looks cool :alien: and the darts look diffrent. That crankble ballzoka looks intrsting to.

#3 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:58 PM

The slingshot is back.. With a vengeance!

But yeah, the pistol looks cool. It's probably going to suck, considering the package deal, but it looks cool all the same.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#4 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:59 PM

I hope it will atleast be a good backup.

#5 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 04:01 PM

But wait, if its a target gun wouldn't it have to be at least able to shoot 20 feet ?
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#6 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 04:27 PM

I hope this new slingshot isn't as horrible as the other one.
"It's never the obvious..." -Me
"Trust no one, not even yourself" -Me
"Hey I was watching that!" "It'll be on next Christmas" "Who the hell knows when that's gonna be?" -Peter Griffin

#7 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 04:45 PM

Don't even say that the slingshot might be beter it stinks forever.

#8 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 04:52 PM

Damn! That pistol is awesome! It also looks like it's a cocking gun.

I'll be useful and post this on NHQ/NC.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#9 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 04:53 PM

I want to know if it shoots megas or micros.

#10 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:05 PM

Well, on the one hand I have to give CX "mad props" for scoring these pictures. I don't even want to know what he did or what he promised to do in order to get those. On the other hand I'm a bit dissappointed with the line up. Yes, the pistol looks "neat" but if handle/plunger/dart ratio is accurate (which it very well might not be) it looks like an overhauled Secret Shot 1 whose darts are now hard tipped so that the target will register the hit. (I dunno maybe these darts might fire better than suction tipped). As for what kind of darts it uses, what was the last gun to actually use mega sized? As far as I know Nerf has been using mini's exclusively since post hyper-sight. Well, I guess I gotta go stock up on Airtech while I can..... fuck.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#11 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:10 PM

yha but they also didn't use cocking guns for a while so maybe just maybe thier finaly taking it to the basics and making a good gun.

#12 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:12 PM

Well, on the one hand I have to give CX "mad props" for scoring these pictures.  I don't even want to know what he did or what he promised to do in order to get those.

Not that I wouldn't have done some sick shit to get them, but Mal sent em to me. He scored last year's (posted on NC I believe) toy fair pics too.

Mal, I don't know how often you'll drop by but welcome to NH!

Grinch, I appreciate you getting the word out but please don't link the images directly off my server. Either post a URL to this thread or dl the images and host them off your own server. Thanks.

#13 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 12:49 PM

Hmm, the ball revival makes me nervous, but I'm sure the pistol (absolutely nothing new aparantly) will be moddable. Stock up on AT's is what I'd recamend though.

VACC

#14 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 11:09 PM

DAY-UM! I'm deffinitly grabbing myself one of those motorized Ballzookas!
And one of those Target/Gun packages!
Fuck the Slingshot. It still has the same concept as the original Slingshot, so nothings new about except a little flat bar to give a sturdier handling.
Wasn't there another gun?
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#15 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 11:14 PM

The first pistol there looks like a newer Sharp Shooter II, don't you guys think? If it is then that's great, cause I love my SSII.
Go Hokies!

#16 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 04:13 PM

That pistol looks like an lnl on somethin.... i hope that they reintroduce spring guns to the beautiful world of nerf. springs shall come again!
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#17 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:13 PM

Those look pretty cool, with the exception of the slingshot. I mean even if I was a stupid eight year old, I still wouldn't buy that "gun." The pistol looks cool, but there's a minor problem with it. It's going to be more expensive than a normal nerf gun just because you probably have to pay for that target too. I'd guess that the pistol will be $15-20, as opposed to the Lock 'n' Load and Secret Shot's $8-12 price tag. Not too big of a problem, just something of a setback. Other than that, it looks pretty cool. It should be easy to PETG/Brass it without too much trouble and it would look pretty sleek too. The ball machine gun looks very cool to me. A decent ammo load, pretty good ROF, and it looks like the accuracy will be ok. I've always liked ball guns, and I think that gun will be fun for indoor wars or just messing around. I'm probably going to buy the pistol and machine gun.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#18 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:50 PM

it looks like an overhauled Secret Shot 1 whose darts are now hard tipped so that the target will register the hit.

i beg to differ with all of you i looks to me like a comlink! holy fuck i hope it does not have the same triangular skrews! that would suck soo much! as for the sling shot, i never owned one and never will.
Die you super-monkey fuck!

#19 Lemmypoo

Lemmypoo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 09:38 PM

Hrm, that target pistol has a swirly thing in it. I might be overspeculating, but I assume that it spins either while firing or cocking. It might be the next thing to replace air restrictors. Slowing down the piston to rotate the spinny thing would end up in a drastic decrease in speed of the piston. But it would be pretty spiff if it spun while cocking it. I sincerely doubt it is battery powered.

The sling shot has the exact same mechanics as the original-- unless you push a hidden button and a ninja or some shit jumps out.

The ballzooka look-a-like looks awfully cool, but I think it will be nothing more than a ripsaw.

Oh yeah, hi.
Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter!

Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

-brothers Macmanus, Boondock Saints

#20 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 11:43 PM

I assume that it spins either while firing or cocking.  It might be the next thing to replace air restrictors.

I can already hear the sound of every nerfer in the world simultaneously breaking off the gear that connects it to the piston.

#21 Kirby

Kirby

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 03:58 PM

I can already hear the sound of every nerfer in the world simultaneously breaking off the gear that connects it to the piston.

My thoughts exactly. But what I dread the most is if they start putting in Triangular screws, because then we would be, screwed. Ha. It's starting to look like a very "dry" season.

#22 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:29 AM

triangular screws really would suck.
but if that did happen, i dont think it would be too hard to machine a triangular bit somehow. That is if they dont already make bits like that.

#23 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:49 AM

Posted Image
QUOTE(Arcanis)

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#24 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:39 PM

I was wondering wtf this was doing at the top of the post list...
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)

#25 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:31 PM

I was wondering wtf this was doing at the top of the post list...

As was I.

Hey, that Tech Target preview picture looks awesome! It's too bad they made it look all fugly-like :) when they actually produced it. I wish they made it look like the one in the pic. Hey, I like that :cry: Smilie!

Edit: $#%&@ %$#!*& why do I always make one mistake per post? UGH!

Edited by MattPaintballer, 20 February 2005 - 11:33 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users