Double Rhino Fire turret

2 replies to this topic

#1 StaticTic

StaticTic

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

Hello,

I recently found 2 rhino fires at a salvation army, plus a nice camera stand, all for very cheap. So I decided I want to attempt a crazy turret with 2 rhino fires. I've only modded 1 flywheel blaster so far, so I know this might be a little daunting lol. But I just opened up 1 of the rhino fires and discovered that the motors are dual shaft so even though there is 4 flywheels there is only 2 motors. My original plan was to use a MTB honeybadger for the pusher motor and upgrade the flywheel motors too, running them on a 2s lipo. But if I can't change out the flywheel motors is that going to be an issue? I did find a couple double pole motors when I googled it, but they seem to run on very low voltage which I don't think will work. If anyone has any advice how to proceed I would greatly appreciate it? I don't mind using the stock flywheel motors if that will work. Thanks in advance for advice/feedback :)

-Static

#2 meow121325

meow121325

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

id say find a 2 dual cages (cages with 4 motors and 4 flywheels) or 4 standard cages and make the space for them in the shell 

#3 StaticTic

StaticTic

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:23 AM

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I haven't been able to find any suitable dual shaft motors. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users