socal manhattan beach oc nic ultrastock

No replies to this topic

#1 PwnKitteh

PwnKitteh

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

Hey dudes,

Me and several other socal nerfers are starting our own club, and I figured I'd post it here in case any of you want to come. 

Here is the description from the official page:

[Begin]

Ages 8-14 must have a parent with them on the field. This is an ultrastock nerf war, and our FPS (feet per second) cap is 200. There will be a blaster bin, but we recommend you bring your own blasters. Modified blasters are allowed, but people are still welcome to play with stock blasters. 
Things to bring: Nerf blaster, lunch and a lot of water, darts to keep your blaster supplied and eye protection. 
You can donate to the club, but we don't accept monetary donations. However, we do graciously accept blasters, darts and rival balls. 
At the end of every round we will call for dart sweeps, where everybody that played that round has to go around and pick up darts. This is how we recover our darts, and are not optional.
A small reminder: FVJ's (Full Vinyl Jacket) darts are NOT ALLOWED. Please do not bring hard tipped darts to the event.

[End]

Obviously, since I'm posting it here, modded blasters are encouraged. We do have a few kids that show up to wars, but normally they're gone before the last few rounds and after that the good stuff (200+) comes out.  We've been playing in Polliwog park in Manhattan Beach, CA, which has a good bit of cover, and one of our organizers is working on making cover as I'm writing this. 

NIC rules apply, and anything shooting over 200 is discouraged when there are kids on the field. As stated above, FVJs and hard tipped darts are banned, as per usual. We do mandate that kids usually have to have their parent with them on the field, so that there aren't any issues with really little kids getting hurt. Eyepro is a must, as for most wars, and we recommend you bring your own. 

The wars usually go from 11AM - 4 PM, on either the last or second to last Saturday of the month. Check the facebook page for more info, each event is posted on there. 

Melee is cool, shields are cool, tactics are cool. Just no black blasters or anything that would get the cops called on us. 

I'll paste the general safety stuff here. 

1.) To stop a round for safety reasons, yell out the word "HOLD". If you hear someone call "HOLD", STOP PLAYING IMMEDIATELY. At any time during a round, anyone can call "Hold", which will temporarily stop that round. Players should repeat the call of Hold so that all other players hear, until the round stops completely. If a pedestrian is walking through the field, if a player is injured or if there is some other threat to personal safety, you are obligated to call hold. You can call a hold to pause the game and sort out some issue that is not a matter of personal safety, but do not abuse it.

2.) No barrel taps allowed. Barrel taps are how you absolutely gouge someone with a brass barrel and take out a chunk of skin. Barrel taps are how you break the barrel and bushing off your blaster. You can shoot them from point-blank, or you can ask them to take the hit. Don't touch them with your blaster.

We have people that play long range with longshots and caliburns, and people (like me) who run flywheelers. It's a blast, and if you're in the area, I highly recommend you check it out. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I'll answer them the best I can. It's a monthly held war if that wasn't already obvious, and we could always use more players. Check us out on facebook, and we do some planning for wars in the discord, if you want to join there too.

As of this posting, our next war is on August 18, 2018, at Polliwog park from 11-4. 

The facebook is here

Our Discord

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: socal, manhattan beach, oc, nic, ultrastock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users