Photo

Stock Nerf Hyperfire on Airsoft Battery

3 replies to this topic

#1 Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:55 AM

Now I'm sure by reading the title you are already cringing. Anyways I essentially stuck an Airsoft Battery into my Hyperfire. Although I have to say, it fits very well in the battery tray with the battery deviders removed. Im able to get 8-9 darts a second with this. What is your opinion on this? Also what do you think will be the first part that will get fried?

#2 Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:59 AM

Here is how the 9.6 volt Airsoft Nunchuck battery fits.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180622_224917.jpg

#3 Jyang

Jyang

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:34 AM

POPULAR

I think it's fine for now, assuming that you've done a decent rewire (i.e. using silicon 18AWG wire, replaced switches, heatshrink, no flailing loose ends, connector is rated) and that the battery is specced well.

Chances are the stock motors with their metal brushes will burn out after some time (in like a year, maybe?), but that's no big deal, replacing those is usually reasonably affordable.

Just to be sure though, what battery is that? Do you perhaps have a more accurate part number/name? I'm guessing it's nickel, which should be fine, but there's always the fear that you're using an underspecced lipo (in terms of current draw), which can cause problems.

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Chances are the stock motors with their metal brushes will burn out after some time (in like a year, maybe?), but that's no big deal, replacing those is usually reasonably affordable.

Stock motor burnout is both guaranteed and impossible to predict. Some people tell me they've burned the motors up instantly upon activating them with the new battery, some say they're using them and they work fine. I've witnessed my friends' and personal builds run fine for a few to several hours of warring.

I just tell people to expect that the motors will burn out someday, and plan to replace them, but if you're short on cost ATM go ahead and burn them out before replacing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users