Photo

Motor-primed Springer help

3 replies to this topic

#1 Xhosant

Xhosant

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

I'm thinking about a mod (well, more like an addon if I get my way) for a Disruptor that would turn it into full-auto.

I did some measurements. Priming the Disruptor requires pulling back 6cm, for a peak force between 4.6 and 5.2 kg (let's assume 5).

So the question is, what kind of motor specs would I need to pull 6cm against 5kg of force in about half to one second?

#2 Elithenerficorn

Elithenerficorn

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

I’m thinking you could probably use two stryfe full-auto kits(the one with the yellow gearbox), put 180s in it, and mount them backwards to the body of the blaster and attach the pusher in some way to the slide such that it interfaces with the gearbox, then use a 3-switch setup, minus the rev trigger for obvious reasons. This should make it posible to do controlled shots, because you still would have the trigger linked to the catch, except it would interface the catch earlier in the trigger pull, so you would be able to fire the blaster without activating the prime.
If you could somehow make this work with a dartzone magnum super drum.......
40 rounds full auto from a front loading revolver with 70+ FPS. And magnums are still in stores, and are still 15 dollars. HOLY SHIT
imma go fuck around with a dartzone magnum now.
Adios
Can I get a large FUCK YOU with a side of nerf please.

#3 Xhosant

Xhosant

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

I have the construction figured out: the motor and gear is fitted on the Disruptor's rail, and a 'gear rack' (long straight bit with gear teeth on the side) is fitted to the priming handle's front and back features. The gear is missing a couple teeth, letting the rail and primer slide back into 'loose' position once per rotation (tuned so this happens just after the full draw), and with the circuit completing through either contacts on the gear (with a small gap) or the pressed trigger, I get the motor to stop after a cycle unless/until I got the trigger pressed.

The question is on the motors themselves. What wattage do I need? What other specs? What does it take for a mottor to lift 5 kg across 6cm in 0.5 seconds?

#4 Xhosant

Xhosant

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

That's with the whole 'addon' thing too. If it works as planned, I won't have to do the slightest modification to the Disruptor; i'll pick it out of its box, slide the motor's base on the rail, pin the rack on the primer by the little holes in the back, and be done!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users