Photo

OG Alpha Trooper CS-18 Spring Replacement

5 replies to this topic

#1 dvdmelancon25

dvdmelancon25

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

Going way back with this one, looking for something a little more challenging (I know the performance is lower than the elite successor, this is more a just because). What kind of springs can fit over the reverse plunger? I have not received the blaster yet, doing my research now so I can do everything when it comes in. 

I feel like an upgraded Longshot spring, 7 or 8 kg, would fit. Any thoughts? Thanks

#2 Elithenerficorn

Elithenerficorn

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:58 PM

i Dont know what springs will fit, longshot springs are bigger than stock at springs. I do have a omw full metal internals kit for the recon though, and Im pretty sure the bolt and the plunger are the same on both blasters. I could sell you the entire kit, which comes with a pretty beefy spring. Also, if this is a just because, do a powerstock:). They are challenging to figure out, but are the only reasonable way to upgrade a reverse plunger system without finding the exact right diameter spring.

Edited by Elithenerficorn, 09 April 2018 - 01:20 PM.

Can I get a large FUCK YOU with a side of nerf please.

#3 dvdmelancon25

dvdmelancon25

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:20 PM

So a powerstock would have a smaller diameter spring that goes past the stock attachment point and into the stock itself and ultimately push the plunger. I like the sound of that!

Not sure if the Omw kit would work, since the AT has a different catch plate. How much tho?

#4 Elithenerficorn

Elithenerficorn

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

It depends, if you just want the bolt, plunger, catch and spring, like 15+shipping. I kinda want to keep the boltsled though, because itll fit in a retaliator. If you want the whole kit, 20+shipping. It is used, keep in mind, but it still gets elite performance(75 FPS) when I put it into a recon I had just to see if it works. Pm me if youre interested

Edit-I searched around, and it looks like the recon bolt and plunger tube would fit into the alpha trooper shell. The only diference between the two is the guiding fins on the plunger. The fins on the alpha trooper are rectangles, and the fins on the recon are weird triangles. Other than that they look to be the same thickness. Once you get the alpha trooper, measure the thickness of the fins and tell me, regardless of whether you want the recon internals or not, because I want to know:)

Edited by Elithenerficorn, 10 April 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#5 lelandmodder64

lelandmodder64

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

Or, if you can locally find an Exploderz blaster at a thrift store, you can cut to the same length as the the Alpha Trooper's spring and it should double the power.

#6 Elithenerficorn

Elithenerficorn

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

True, but not all exploderz springs will fit
Ace #69 fits over the plunger tube and is more powerful than [k26], but you would have to modify the catch to accept the od of the spring
Oh, and it would break instantly if you don’t fabricate your own catch out of steel or aluminum. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users