Photo

Accufake darts

11 replies to this topic

#1 dvdmelancon25

dvdmelancon25

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

Im trying to find a nice cheap supply of darts and I find these accufake darts on Lightake, you can get 1000 for under $25. But how do these darts actually do? I notice that Drac is using a bunch. Are they picky about what kind of blasters they work well with (spring v. flywheel)?
Just want to see what yall think, thanks!

#2 Bert81

Bert81

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

Accufakes work great in flywheelers and loose breeches. They are terrible in brass and cpvc. The cheap ones on lightake and ebay have been hit and miss as far as glue quality. I have had a lot of them pop off on the first shot. They are really not any better than waffles. Personally I like mengun style darts as they work in everything except a regular pvc wye hopper set up. They have great glue also. 

#3 NerfDemon

NerfDemon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

I know that Drac has praised the Accufake darts (link below) on multiple occasions and they have a huge variety of colors and dart refill size (100 darts all the way to 1,000 darts) and on select ones you can get a matching color 12-Dart Magazine with them for little extra cost on top of the darts for the same amount and color design. They are roughly 5-8 cents a dart regardless of the color and refill size of the darts you order. 

This is the link he posted on his original review of the darts:

https://www.youtube....amzn.to/2hitFX5

But I should mention shipping has been a bit of a problem as the recent order I made from them on January 25th, 2018 has been stuck on the same shipping update since then. They used FedEx and it hasn't reached the facility to be sorted or anything yet (It is coming from Dayton, NJ so that may be due to weather or something as I do not keep track of anything outside of the MD, WV, Va tri-state area.

Edited by NerfDemon, 05 February 2018 - 11:00 AM.

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

But I should mention shipping has been a bit of a problem as the recent order I made from them on January 25th, 2018 has been stuck on the same shipping update since then. They used FedEx and it hasn't reached the facility to be sorted or anything yet (It is coming from Dayton, NJ so that may be due to weather or something as I do not keep track of anything outside of the MD, WV, Va tri-state area.

IIRC they ship by slow-boat from china, expect it to take a month and be glad if it comes earlier. It might be expected to arrive at a FedEx facility in Dayton, but I'd be surprised if they were there already since you only ordered 10 days ago.

#5 NerfDemon

NerfDemon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

Ok. Thanks again for the great info Meaker VI. Appreciate it.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

I can't speak for that Amazon link, but I recently ordered off of Lightake. The order shipped out on 2/1 and got here today (2/5). Not sure if that's typical or not but I was pretty impressed with the speed.

#7 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

I use springers. Accufakes are the truth. 

I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#8 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Are there any accufakes out there with heads just a bit smaller than the foam? With a .5" head pushing through cpvc accufakes are hardly viable due to barrel drag. I've been looking for the best full length, cpvc friendly, soft impact darts possible (we have kids playing along with the adults in our super stock group). I've had very little luck finding anything decent. Men Gun darts are ok, but they've been tough to find lately too.

Edited by shmmee, 07 February 2018 - 05:16 PM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Are there any accufakes out there with heads just a bit smaller than the foam? With a .5" head pushing through cpvc accufakes are hardly viable due to barrel drag. I've been looking for the best full length, cpvc friendly, soft impact darts possible (we have kids playing along with the adults in our super stock group). I've had very little luck finding anything decent. Men Gun darts are ok, but they've been tough to find lately too.

They're on Lighttake, but cost 2-3x what non-Mengun darts do.

#10 meow121325

meow121325

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

I use Raytheon waffle head darts they are great and not to bad of price I ordered 2 packs of 300 for about $11 dollars each

#11 Nerf Family

Nerf Family

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

but what is best  :wacko: ?????????

#12 meow121325

meow121325

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

but what is best  :wacko: ?????????

whatever you prefer these are just our opinions you can choose one or several of the off brand darts we mentioned but we are not you so choose what you feel is best

Edited by meow121325, 01 March 2018 - 09:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users