Photo

Longshot Incompatibility with Accufakes

7 replies to this topic

#1 Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Any time I try to use Accufakes in my Zombie Strike Longshot I hear a "puff sound and the dart doesn't leave the barrel. I tried some legit accustrike darts and this problem still occurred, but less often. With accufakes every shot fails and with accustrike it happens about once every 18 shots. Is there a way for me to fix this?

#2 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Is your longshot stock? If not, what mods have you done?

If you load a dart and then point the blaster down and shake it, does the dart fall out?

Edited by ToadBrews, 08 January 2018 - 09:40 PM.

#3 Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

I have installed an OMW Longshot stage 1 kit. I drilled out the AR, but the dart post is still there. I also put on a worker pump action kit, but that probably wouldn't affect it. When I shake the blaster while pointed down, the dart does not fall out. When I manually load it, the dart does fire. I did notice that the part of the dart head that goes into the foam tube is slightly longer in the accufakes than in the accustrike.

#4 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

I too run a modified Longshot as my primary and used to have this issue; however, it is fixable. When compared to an elite dart's head, the accustrike's is not hollow, and does not taper to a more streamlined design. Due to these two reasons, the dart tends to squish against the Longshot's dart tooth and the plastic of the magazine/barrel (dart head bends downwards).This issue isn't present with elite blasters since the Longshot's dart tooth was meant to chamber streamline darts so it was designed differently.To fix this you can either drill out the dart peg, file the breech slightly to create less resistance when you mouth the dart (filing the breech may cause reduced ranges), or simply return the bolt with more precision. It is a little hard to explain, but when you slide the bolt back to mouth the dart, try doing it more carefully, yet not so careful so that the dart is entering the breech too slowly. It is also important to "feel" when the dart head is going into the breech so you can hear or feel if it is chambering incorrectly (part of this is like a connection between blaster and user that develops over time). 

For your other issues, the puff sound is the plunger slowly advancing in the plunger tube since there is more air resistance caused when a dart is stuck in the breech (kind of like an A.R).

Also, the dart won't fall out when you shake it due to the reason I mentioned above (dart head folds under dart tooth).

Hope this helps.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#5 Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Ok. Thanks. I'll try the dart post idea.

#6 Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

I too run a modified Longshot as my primary and used to have this issue; however, it is fixable. When compared to an elite dart's head, the accustrike's is not hollow, and does not taper to a more streamlined design. Due to these two reasons, the dart tends to squish against the Longshot's dart tooth and the plastic of the magazine/barrel (dart head bends downwards).This issue isn't present with elite blasters since the Longshot's dart tooth was meant to chamber streamline darts so it was designed differently.To fix this you can either drill out the dart peg, file the breech slightly to create less resistance when you mouth the dart (filing the breech may cause reduced ranges), or simply return the bolt with more precision. It is a little hard to explain, but when you slide the bolt back to mouth the dart, try doing it more carefully, yet not so careful so that the dart is entering the breech too slowly. It is also important to "feel" when the dart head is going into the breech so you can hear or feel if it is chambering incorrectly (part of this is like a connection between blaster and user that develops over time). 

For your other issues, the puff sound is the plunger slowly advancing in the plunger tube since there is more air resistance caused when a dart is stuck in the breech (kind of like an A.R).
Also, the dart won't fall out when you shake it due to the reason I mentioned above (dart head folds under dart tooth).

Hope this helps.

I just removed the post. Accustrikes feed perfectly now, and the accufakes feed more reliably, but there are still missfires with the accufakes. If you use full length darts, what do you use/recommend?

#7 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

I just removed the post. Accustrikes feed perfectly now, and the accufakes feed more reliably, but there are still missfires with the accufakes. If you use full length darts, what do you use/recommend?

I'd use USCs or accustrike/fakes for warplay, and elites for testing and randomness. But in the end if you don't rush your priming and chambering of the dart, then your Longshot should work with any dart.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#8 meow121325

meow121325

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

i have this problem with elites and for the first time Raytheon darts where i prime and the dart folds in on itself in the barrel i easily remove the dart but I don't know what causes this I assume it is the dart tooth but people tell me it is the breech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users