random modification noise

2 replies to this topic

#1 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Hey all

I was tinkering with a new Longshot mod the other day (basic A.R removal, 10kg spring, rubber padding, etc) and noticed the odd variances that the blaster made when fired. Sometimes it would be a short crashing sound, and other times it would be a low thud with a long vibration afterwards. So, I was wondering what is a normal noise for a modified blaster with its plunger padded (rubber washer) and somewhat heavy spring (10kg) would make, or is it just random? Anyways, I'm curious since I'm wondering if the short crashing noise is caused when the dart has a looser fit in the breech so the plunger can move forwards quicker with less resistance, and the low thud with long vibrations happens when the dart is tighter in th breech. Also, I'm a little worried if my plunger tube assembly (which is stock) is suffering damage (polycarbonate plunger head and plunger rod though).

Thanks!
Have a happy New Year

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 02 January 2018 - 10:39 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#2 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Whatever noise it makes, it shouldnt change much if its working properly. Id investigate - rule out loose darts first, then open it up.

#3 dvdmelancon25

dvdmelancon25

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

There shouldn't be too make variance in the sound, as long as the firing is consistent you should be fine. If you do take it apart make sure the plunger screw is nice and tight

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: random, modification, noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users