Photo

Vancouver Island Nerfers?

6 replies to this topic

#1 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

So, as you probably determined by looking at my profile, I'm from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. More specifically halfway up the island and a three hour drive North of Victoria. I don't expect to find many Nerfers on this site who live in Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox, Port Hardy, Port Alberni or Ladysmith, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try.

Looking for super-stock players who are willing to discuss details on forming the VINC (Vancouver Island Nerf Club) with me!

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#2 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Hey, are you near Campbell River? I'll be there for a bit this winter for vacation, if you'd like to hang with another nerfer. There's a BC nerf group on facebook that also seems to be pretty active, albeit on the mainland.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#3 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

Hey, are you near Campbell River? I'll be there for a bit this winter for vacation, if you'd like to hang with another nerfer. There's a BC nerf group on facebook that also seems to be pretty active, albeit on the mainland.

Messaged you with the answer. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to the mainland too much at this point but I'll note that!

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

As much ad you may despise me ATM, Im in Tacoma WA, and can see your island when I drive around the peninsula on trips. Ive heard there is a fairly frequent war up at fort Worden in Port Townsend.

Not having actually made it up to Canada yet, I dont know where the easiest crossings are, especially from the island. Id imagine somewhere on the peninsulas coast there would have a clipper port though, and those sound easy enough from all their ads.

#5 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

As much ad you may despise me ATM, Im in Tacoma WA, and can see your island when I drive around the peninsula on trips. Ive heard there is a fairly frequent war up at fort Worden in Port Townsend.

Not having actually made it up to Canada yet, I dont know where the easiest crossings are, especially from the island. Id imagine somewhere on the peninsulas coast there would have a clipper port though, and those sound easy enough from all their ads.

It was noting personal, sorry for getting out of hand, I was a bit screwy from rocky sleep patterns. Unfortunately I can't leave the island or the country. No car, funding for the ferry or passport though. And I can't really afford to stay in Vancouver for any period of time.

#6 Mirodasc

Mirodasc

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:52 PM

For the Island you're better off getting into Airsoft. That at least has a community.
You should join the BCNA Nerf facebook page, i think there's a few island folk on there, if you can't ever make it to the mainland.

IF you do swim over at somepoint, you could probably get a ride to the event and back to somewhere a bus can take you to the ferry.

M.

Edit: and here i was telling the GF itd be silly to bring all our nerf stuff to the Island for Xmas.

Edited by Mirodasc, 25 December 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#7 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Sorry for the necro guys, but I want to help. There's a decently active community here in Vancouver. Check out B.C. Nerf Alliance on Facebook, that's the group where we do all our way discussion. Obviously it's a bit of a quiet time right now, but summer we have games probably once or twice a month.
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users