Whats the verdict on Worker rubber darts and Z-pattern waffles being a

worker waffles z-pattern safety

6 replies to this topic

#1 Thanhtacles

Thanhtacles

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:31 AM

We're in the process of drafting rules for a new Ultrastock/NIC grade group and I'd like to follow the paradigms set by amra/apoc on banning painful tips. I want to get some community feedback on what people have thought about these new Worker (gen 1 and 2) and Z-waffle pattern plastic rounds if you've had the chance to experience them in your wars. Do you think they hurt as much as hard vinyl tips?

The worker rounds are a hard black rubber, a bit harder than ACC silicon, but softer than true vinyl. The Z-pattern waffles, while having some flex joint, seem to be a type of hard plastic (feels almost more rigid than vinyl rounds). 

Links for ref:

Worker

Z-Pattern

#2 jaxmeh

jaxmeh

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

Worker darts are fine, they have nice soft tips. No experience with Z-tips, though.

#3 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

Worker darts are some of the best darts I've used in terms of reliability and accuracy. They perform exceptionally but they are definitely about as hard of a tip as you should allow. I shot myself with a few of them at about 20 feet away out of a Caliburn before using them at and outdoor war and they left a mark on my back for sure.

If you are using high powered guns on a smaller playing field they should probably be banned. If you have a large outdoor playing field they are totally fine. 

Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#4 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Worker darts hurt less. I got shot by them with a caliburn and it wasn't thaaaaat bad (hurt less then a FVJ out of my LS).

EDIT: Although I'd recommend worker's darts, there is nothing wrong with the waffle darts. It's just that the consistency of the batch you buy can vary, whereas worker is far more reliable.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 28 September 2017 - 05:05 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#5 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Worker darts hurt less. I got shot by them with a caliburn and it wasn't thaaaaat bad (hurt less then a FVJ out of my LS).

EDIT: Although I'd recommend worker's darts, there is nothing wrong with the waffle darts. It's just that the consistency of the batch you buy can vary, whereas worker is far more reliable.

Correct they are not that bad, but I did feel a bit guilty shooting them at little kids so I thought I would share. 

Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#6 masterchief117

masterchief117

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

worker hurts less, I have got shot with the z tips with a stock hammershot and it peeled off skin.

#7 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

Z tips are not good for flywheels due to the weird crush, but are ok out of springers.
Just wouldn't recommend the Z darts tbh, 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: worker, waffles, z-pattern, safety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users