Photo

Rechargeable Batteries in Nemesis

7 replies to this topic

#1 fiendz

fiendz

• FNG2
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:13 AM

Has anyone done testing with rechargeable D NiMh batteries in a nemesis?  I ask b/c I have some lying around and if they would give me similar performance to the nerf battery pack I'd just as soon use them and not have to spend the extra $30 dollars.

#2 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

I haven't put rechargable D-cells in the Nemesis, but I have done that with the Vulcan, and the power I got out of them wasn't exactly stellar compared to even alkalines.

Word of advice, just drop the money on the rechargable battery pack. It weighs less than a pound as compared to the three of the D-cells (and you feel the difference), boosts your performance immensely and can be used in the Hera, Nemesis and Khaos.

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

You could also rewire it to work with hobby-style packs that work in any blaster you've rewired for the same connector.

#4 fiendz

fiendz

• FNG2
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Yes, Meaker, I've considered that as well...I'm not sure that my nerf modding game is up to that task though.

#5 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

Yes, Meaker, I've considered that as well...I'm not sure that my nerf modding game is up to that task though.

Not everyone's is, I know how to solder and do electrical work, but unfortunately I don't have a soldering iron.

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#6 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Often, the rechargable D batteries you find are simply AA stuffed inside a larger container, not full sized. Inherently, that will limit how much current you can get out of them.

#7 fiendz

fiendz

• FNG2
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

While I know little about nerf modding (I'm still a newbie) I do know quite a bit about batteries and such from my flashlight addiction :-)  What I have are "real" d-cell 10000 Mah batteries. There are stupidly expensive so I wouldn't even consider using them except for the fact I already have them for an led mag-lite.  

#8 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

While I know little about nerf modding (I'm still a newbie) I do know quite a bit about batteries and such from my flashlight addiction :-)  What I have are "real" d-cell 10000 Mah batteries. There are stupidly expensive so I wouldn't even consider using them except for the fact I already have them for an led mag-lite.  

They should work, as long as you do a good job soldering them into a pack and use high quality components to handle the current draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users