Ultrastock nerf war DIY Superstock Conneticut

2 replies to this topic

#1 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

We're back for another CTNO in South Norwalk! 
Ultrastock hype!

Where? : 81 W Rocks Rd, Norwalk, CT 06851
When? November 18th, a saturday of 2017 from 9 AM(EST) to 4 PM(EST) [or later!]
Directions to the event Here!
Facebook event link here!

Pictures about how to get to the event along with event information are more specified on the FB Page, 

So some basic rules 
1) Don't be a dick
2) Basically, anything goes up to 300 as long as it's firing safe darts (no FVJs or sharp tips) and not painted any realistic or tactical color. Half lengths, full lengths, meet those rules and you're good
3) Call your hits and help dart sweep when designated!

And you're good!

Bring eyeprotection, and lots of darts! If you can make it only to the South Norwalk train station, one of us might be able to pick you up if you let us know in advanced! 

You can bring anything to this war and it can be competitive! Note that 300 FPS does not mean all blasters will be shooting anywhere even close to that, most things should be 200ish, and won't be up close so upon impact it'll feel a lot less painful. The engagement distances are pretty far. 

Confirmed amount of people going as of November 17 : 15+!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 17.52.55.png

Edited by Snoop Doggy doge, 17 November 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

ahhh we have a NEW LOCATION!!!
This war is tomorrow get hyped!!

Check FB For full details! 

#3 Alfatrooper

Alfatrooper

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

I would like to thank DX and Van for hosting the war and bringing the mobsticles. I would like to thank Dennis for hosting the event and running rounds.

This worked really well as an ultra-stock war. Not sure there was any real difference though other than the name. We still had five people using NIC primaries.

Pro:

• Seeing and talking with everyone again! 
  • We had 19 players!!! This was really fun.
  • Kids from the park joining us for superstock rounds.
  • Really nice field. I think we will be using this one from now on because of the good on site, bathrooms, parking, water, trash, electricity, and roof.
  • Cut down mobsticles, since the last war, our cover has been modified to be shorter. This means that you have to kneel down, sit, or be in a very low athletic position to have cover. This forced me to change how I think about the cover. Although I prefer trees, these short mobsticles were fun and forced me to adapt.
  • Good 1 vs 1 rounds
  • Push flag game worked out well. I think that if there are not too many players there should not be a time limit. At the end when there are only 2-3 players on each side is when it becomes more strategic and fun.
  • Dennis hosting. This was a different experience for me and i'm not sure how I feel about it. I thought he did a great job. 
  • 3 fixed field cameras which were easy to set up.
  • Very fun pistol round at the end with teams of two.
  • The round where we pushed Van and DX up the hill and then in the end beat them.
  • The round where Van was using a 4B and I thought we would lose, but in the end my teammate hit DX with a rival ball launched by a slingshot.

Cons?

• Clip blasters take time to load. I was happy about the number of rounds we did, however I think we could have played even more. 
  • Clean up was immense. There were so many darts to pick up. I'm not sure how to deal with this in the future especially because there is a lot of space on this field.

10 out of 10 will nerf again. Thank you everyone for an amazing day. 

Alfatrooper

See you on the field, Alfatrooper                                                                                             My YouTube

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ultrastock, nerf war, DIY, Superstock, Conneticut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users