Eclipse: 200+ FPS flywheeler

5 replies to this topic

#1 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Review by Dennis Vilensky.

Hey guys, this is something I've been working towards for a while. It's a full envelopement flywheel system that runs on 180 brushed motors and fits in a stryfe without issue.

High FPS with buzz bee elites clones is 215.

Average with accufakes is 175, and with the RoF advantages of wheels, I'm expecting to be able to put up a fight in NIC games.

Wheels and printed cages should run about $30. Machined cages with wheels should go for around $70.

I'm hoping this can encourage the use of a more diverse range of blasters in NIC.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:06 AM

I'm hoping this can encourage the use of a more diverse range of blasters in NIC.

Is this an issue? There's already tons of variety in NIC wars.

But otherwise flywheels do need to grow in performance over time. And all the better if they can do so in ways that don't treat the darts as a disposable resource.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 jaxmeh

jaxmeh

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Any idea what kind of velocities you could be getting with short darts? If I could run Workers or ACC gen 3s through this at 150 to 160 fps, I see basically no reason for me to buy full lengths for anything other than stock games.

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

Ooohh, cool. I may need to pick up a set to go with the Caliburn and M6 to absolutely WRECK at our indoor stockish war :D

Edited by Meaker VI, 27 October 2017 - 12:38 AM.

#5 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

Jaxmeh, you should easily hit those numbers with this. About 80% of the energy transfer is in the head iirc, and most of the rest is where the shaft is. Half length shoot lasers out of this thing.

Slug, yes dart wear is a concern. This isn't the final wheel geometry, I have some changes which I think are gonna make it a lot dart friendlier for the final product.

#6 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

IMO flywheel tech has BEEN competitive and usable at DIY wars, you just needa #GETGOOD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users