Pink Fbr

problems

3 replies to this topic

#1 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

I just got the pink FBR yesterday and when I was trying it out I noticed that the FBR doesn't last that long and for me it fishtailed when i was using 2" darts with 1/4 steel shot ammo. It alsohad a lifespan of about 5 shots. After thinking about this for a while I concluded that:
1. I make crappy darts
2.the FBR is not that dense.
3. Its all in my head.

Thanks for you're time and i'll give you more information if you need any.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#2 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:13 PM

Excuse me sir but your poor dart making abilities have NOTHING to do with the foam, it was allready established that this foam is less dense, which turns out to be a positive attribute as it is more pliable than its grey cousin. Also did you take into account your glue might suck? I've personally made 300 darts with this foam, the first batch sucked because i poked the holes too deep, but the 2nd batch was perfectly functioning, and my darts have as long a life span as any other. Have you done anything to treat the foam, straighten it, or anything of that sort? Also if you CUT the darts crooked they fishtail, if you have a different sized barrel they may fishtail, if you havent striaghtened them they will fishtail etc. You have no barrings to be posting such cluttered accusations. Also as posted, there are easy ways to make your foam perfect if there were to be any faults to it, which I allready posted in the foams thread:

Foam Tips:
As each roll may vary in size by a miniscule amount, there are easy methods to make it suit your needs:
~If the foam appears a touch too small for your needs- Do not worry, after this material has been shot out of your ideal barrel type a few times, it expands to create a custom fit to your barrel.
~If the foam appears a touch too large or has a slight flat side due to being stored in a spool- Cut up the foam into your desired dart lengths, put them in a shoe box (w/ lid on), cut a hole in the shoe box, place a hair dryer head in hole, and turn it on ‘High’ for 30 seconds. After doing so, simply roll each piece in between your hands with a little pressure and let them sit for a minute *or dip into cool water. This also perfectly straightens the darts.

Edited by ShortShit, 21 August 2004 - 11:15 PM.

~SS

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:23 PM

Hm, the foam I get is uber-dense. I can step on it and the foam still won't misshape.. If you squeeze hard enough, does the foam kind of just squish and not return? I'm just wondering, as I'm not as careful with my darts as with my guns, and they tend to get squished alot.

~ompa

#4 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:26 PM

it squishes down and returns, just at a much slower rate than grey, also your less likely to end up stepping on these, as they are disgustingly easy to locate.
~SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users