Photo

Rapidstrike Modding Help (Complete Noob)

rapidstrike

2 replies to this topic

#1 dargonlrod

dargonlrod

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:24 AM

As a complete noob, I am dipping my toe into the modding pool with my rapidstrike. Well not really dipping my toe but throwing myself into the deep end. Anyways.

I have given it a repaint, and have dismantled it. I should have few problems with installing the new parts, and I have experience with electrical stuffs, so that should be fine. I have a general idea of what I need to do, but many of the specifics are not very clear to me, and I would also your advice as well. I'm aware this information exists somewhere on the internet but I have done some research and found little answers to my questions.

So I am aiming for a complete rewiring with new motors, flywheels, cage, lipo and everything. However, I do not know what type/variant/brand to choose.

I am looking for:

3 130 motors (Unsure of what type, e.g. Rhinos, Honeybadgers)

LiPO (Don't know what S, or current draw I'll need)

Flywheel cage (Not sure want company to pick)

Flywheels (Again as above)

Switches (Unsure of what type to use)

Wiring (Same as above)

I am choosing to go with 130s because budget, as 180s will cost more as will the necessary motor cover. Due to my low budget, please keep this in mid when suggesting parts, as I cannot afford outrageously expensive Snikkas cages etc. Another thing would be my country-Australia, as many things on Amazon won't ship down here. \

Thanks in advance

#2 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

In the Make Test Battle Ultimate Rapidstrike video ( above ) they show you how to make a decent rapidstrike. The parts that they used are in the description of their video.
People like you starting out usually start with less powerful flywheelers as their first blasters, but as you said, you already have experience with electronics and such, so I hope that the video is at your level of difficulty.

Good luck!

Edited by Silly, 14 September 2017 - 12:10 PM.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#3 Shadowslayer1924

Shadowslayer1924

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

For the motors I would suggest not going with MTB they have great motors but there are better options for the price like the Titan Hyperion. If you want an insane rate of fire then put a honeybadger as the pusher and use a 3s (both of the batteries I listed are 3s) it should be getting about 14 darts per second. (correct me if I'm wrong)

cage: Artifact( Red cage ) Worker ( Canted Regular )

Flywheel either worker abs flywheels , metal high crush wheels really any flywheels on MonkeeMods.com even stock will work.

switch: your gonna wanna go with a high amperage switch (10A or above) These should work.

Wiring: 18 gauge multistranded silicone insulated wire.

As far as a lipo goes this one will work extremely well but is very costly it's up to you whether or not to make that investment this one is bit cheaper but the graphene batteries perform better than most batteries from past experience. (my opinion don't hurt plz) I would also recommend getting one of these. They are very useful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapidstrike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users