Jet Ceda

16 replies to this topic

#1 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

https://www.jetblastertech.com/ceda-2

This thing looks bad ass! Loving the split shell/quick pin design! $56 for a ready to run complete exp pt pump action retaliator!!!!!

Edited by Aldegar, 11 August 2017 - 10:51 AM.

www.tacticoolfoam.com

Custom nerf guns and nerf modification kits

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

Why the hell is it using a proprietary magazine though?

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Its a standard nerf mag.

www.tacticoolfoam.com

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

The notch in the backside of it is waaaaaaay too high compared to a standard nerf mag.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

I think its just a render, was told they will be compaitible with regular nerf mags and the katana kit.

www.tacticoolfoam.com

#6 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Like the concept and look, dubious about the delivery prospects. Aren't we *still* waiting for katana mags?

#7 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

Very limited information on the website. Like the compatibility with nerf mags, we don't know if the internals are longshot internals you have to procure, or custom proprietary internals that aren't compatible with kits.
That mag release looks very much like Hasbro's, and I don't like it.
I also don't like the pump grip. Almost no support for the back of your hand means you have to grip it a lot harder and lack of piccitiny makes it impossible to swap to a vfg if that's your style.
All the criticism aside I like the aesthetics and internals look like they can pack a punch. I'm excited for it.

Aren't we *still* waiting for katana mags?

They are apparently for sale on their website.

Edited by Speedr117, 11 August 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#8 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

Very limited information on the website. Like the compatibility with nerf mags, we don't know if the internals are longshot internals you have to procure, or custom proprietary internals that aren't compatible with kits.
That mag release looks very much like Hasbro's, and I don't like it.
I also don't like the pump grip. Almost no support for the back of your hand means you have to grip it a lot harder and lack of piccitiny makes it impossible to swap to a vfg if that's your style.
All the criticism aside I like the aesthetics and internals look like they can pack a punch. I'm excited for it.
They are apparently for sale on their website.

Minor correction: this is supposed to be a retaliator shell replacement, not a Longshot. The Zeus2 fulfills that job. 

Yeah, I'm really not happy with the Jet's handling of the CEDA. I was pretty snippy with them on Facebook, so hopefully they'll update what we'll be getting with the kit. I would assume generic clones of retaliator parts made from ABS, albeit with modifications made to accommodate a expanded plunger tube. It will accommodate standard magazines to be sure, it's just annoying that it isn't explicitly stated.

I'm more concerned with the size of the plunger tube. Is it like a longshot, the largest that we can fit in exPT retaliators or more like a Baron tube? The latter is something that their engineer Cartaya has done pretty cool work with, but I wouldn't really want that for my own usage.

What breech/spring is included is also a question of interest. I would assume it'd be something like an AR-removed breech, maybe along the lines of Orange Mod Works Retaliator Stage 2. Spring could be a nice 10-12 kg. Boring, but I could live with it.

The lack of a decent pump grip could be mediated with rails, but that wasn't done unfortunately. Very disappointing, but I expect people will quickly made adequate 3D-printed replacements (e.g. Gavin's Zeus2 grip with rails).

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#9 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

Why do you assume it comes with any internals, the Xzeus doesn't.

#10 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

Why do you assume it comes with any internals, the Xzeus doesn't.

The Zeus2 came with a faux barrel and boltsled as advertised.

The Ceda is pictured with a boltsled, breech, plunger tube, and trigger. I would assume a catch as well, but we will see. They do not name them as included however. 

#11 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

The Zeus2 came with a faux barrel and boltsled as advertised.

The Ceda is pictured with a boltsled, breech, plunger tube, and trigger. I would assume a catch as well, but we will see. They do not name them as included however. 

My assumption based on price would be you have to feed it a retaliator but maybe I'm wrong. I guess we just wait for more details. I'm still interested in this future pistol they mention on the Katana mag page.

#12 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

It most definitely comes with internals and mag which they have confirmed is compatible with regular nerf mags. The breech is just like their omni breech being almost air tight full length and stephan compatible. PT is LS sized. I am told it will come with a 6kg spring out of the box. As for parts compatibility, they will be making a whole line of upgrade parts. They are doing a good job coming up with new and useful stuff and deserve lots of support to continue coming up with new ideas. This shell is genius and so versatile.

www.tacticoolfoam.com

#13 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

It most definitely comes with internals and mag which they have confirmed is compatible with regular nerf mags. The breech is just like their omni breech being almost air tight full length and stephan compatible. PT is LS sized. I am told it will come with a 6kg spring out of the box. As for parts compatibility, they will be making a whole line of upgrade parts. They are doing a good job coming up with new and useful stuff and deserve lots of support to continue coming up with new ideas. This shell is genius and so versatile.

That's awesome then, it's not that much more expensive than nerf brand primaries and presumably will be much better.

#14 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Yeah

www.tacticoolfoam.com

#15 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

The price seems reasonable for what it is. Hopefully this will be able to be bought from other websites like Amazon.

The fact that the breech is fully air tight out of the box is amazing. Fully airtight plus a 6kg spring should deliver high fps and ranges!
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#16 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

The price seems reasonable for what it is. Hopefully this will be able to be bought from other websites like Amazon.
The fact that the breech is fully air tight out of the box is amazing. Fully airtight plus a 6kg spring should deliver high fps and ranges!

The air-tight breech has not been confirmed on the website. I would therefore hesitate to characterize it as such.

I don't find it unlikely for them to offer the breech in a separate package, just like the Longshot Alpha kit. This is speculation however. 

6kg is pretty minimal as far as exPT retaliators go. The one by Majestic on here used 8kg. A lot of people use the OMW +7kg or the NerfTurf 10kg in their retaliators, exPT or not. Shit, I run 19kg in mine. 

#17 Aldegar

Aldegar

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

Breech will be like the omni, I don't think 100% sealed but much better than stock retal. The beauty of this design is not what internals it comes with but how easy it will be to mix and match. Mine will be running artifact breech and 10kg as soon as I get it. Also, an alpha kit being developed for this.

www.tacticoolfoam.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users