stryfe sticky trigger

stryfe

7 replies to this topic

#1 jaxonnerf5811

jaxonnerf5811

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

so my stryfe is all stock and non painted but it has a sticky trigger and i was wondering if any body knows how to fix that?

#2 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

All stock? As in never ever opened up?

First thing I did to my stryfe and would suggest is to remove locks and lube the entire trigger mechanism with silicone grease.

Made my stryfe trigger feel much better, plus no dumb locks getting in the way.

#3 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

All stock? As in never ever opened up?
First thing I did to my stryfe and would suggest is to remove locks and lube the entire trigger mechanism with silicone grease.
Made my stryfe trigger feel much better, plus no dumb locks getting in the way.

Actually I'd recommend PTFE white lithium grease for lubing your trigger. Generally I use silicone grease for seals on plungers, and white lithium for moving parts. However, that's just my personal preference, and both can be used in any Nerf application.
Basically take out the locks and relubricate your trigger.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 12 June 2017 - 09:41 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#4 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:31 AM

Silicone or White Lithium Grease, or maybe try using a Spring for the Trigger. i know most Stryfe's don't have them now, But i've never had issues with it without the need for a spring.

#5 FFNerfmodding

FFNerfmodding

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

Open it up and make sure the rev trigger isn't sticking. A stuck rev trigger will bring problems to your main trigger. Where/how does the trigger stick?

#6 Maxman1x2

Maxman1x2

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

What I do for all of my Stryfes is I sand down the entire trigger mechanism with 200 grit sand paper and than just coat it in WD40 wipe off the extra grease and you're good to go!

#7 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

What I do for all of my Stryfes is I sand down the entire trigger mechanism with 200 grit sand paper and than just coat it in WD40 wipe off the extra grease and you're good to go!

Generally, WD40 and Nerf don't go well together. Not only does it come as a spray (added solvents), WD40 actually wasn't developed as a lubricant. It will eventually destroy any plastic or rubber.
Like I said before, silicone grease or PTFE white lithium grease are the only lubricants you should be using.
If you have more questions, look at CaptainSlug's extremely helpful thread about lubricants for Nerf:http://nerfhaven.com...afe-lubricants/
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#8 Vim Fuego

Vim Fuego

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

Like Bubba says, avoid anything petroleum-based when looking for lubricants - plastic itself is petroleum based, so you're basically applying plastic thinner to your blaster... :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stryfe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users