Photo

my new favorite darts

3 replies to this topic

#1 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

Hey everyone, I bought some cheap darts to try and have to say they are probably the best darts I've used so far.

First I bought a 30 pack of yellow "zuru xshot excel" darts at my local dollar general for $3 and surprisingly liked them. Later I bought a 100 pack of the "new" green "adventure force"darts from my local walmart, which I believe are the exact same, just green instead od yellow. Later again I went back to my local dg and got 2 more 30 packs of the yellow xshots because I like them so much.

I have tried regular elite darts, suction elites, accustrike, koosh, ekind waffle, "old" adventure force, fvj, fvn/vtn darts etc etc...
I don't have a chrono but it seems fps is a little higher than all the others I've tried, both out of my stryfe and springers.
They also seem to have tighter groupings than the others I've tried, including accustrike and ekind waffle.
My "shooting range" is a ~40ish foot hallway in my house with a sheet of standard printer paper taped to a door with a 2.5 inch red cirlce target in the middle. I used my stryfe (stock with locks/thermistor removed, 3 efest imr, worker plastic flywheels. Stock motors,wiring,cage. And ncstar reddot)
I sat backwards in a chair bracing my stryfe on the backrest of the chair, putting my reddot in the middle of the 2.5 inch target on the printer paper ~40 feet away.

The elite darts obviously flew all over the place, maybe 2 of 18 hit the sheet of paper. The same went for the "old" adventure force darts. Suction elites, koosh, fvj all did better, probably half of 18 rounds hitting sheet of paper.
Accustrike and ekind waffles did even better. Probably 12-14 of 18 hitting sheet of paper.
The zuru xshot and "new" adventure force darts did even better. Seriously 16-18 of 18 hit the sheet of paper.
I shot 18 of each 3 times and got same outcome everytime.
Elites,"old adventure force" etc all suck, flying everywhere but straight...
Koosh, accustrike, ekind waffle doing much better, yet not as straight or consistent as the zuru xshot and "new" adventure force darts.

Now the "downfalls". The darts are a tad shorter than elites, so its possible to jam flywheels if you don't pull the trigger alll the way. No jams if you do pull trigger all the way. The rubber heads on them (under the foam dome) can sometimes grip the inside walls of clips/mags which kind od sucks but doesn't seem to happen too often and a quick tap usually unjams it.
And the most important of the downsides, these darts fly pretty bad like elites with their "foam domes" still on. Rip the foam off the rubber and they fly super straight and consistent.

I highly recommend picking up 30 for super cheap and ripping the foam domes off the rubber heads and trying them. Most "accurate" darts I've ever tried. Even better than accustrikes and waffles. Just make sure if you get adventure force darts, to get the "new" design which is same as zuru xshot with foam domes on top of flat rubber heads, not the "old" ones with blue heads.

#2 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

Just showing what the darts/packaging looks like if anyone is interested.
Yellow zuru xshot darts and green "new" adventure force darts on left. Green "old" adventure force darts on right.
Foam dome ripped off rubber head (the way I like them, super consistent) on the left, untouched foam dome still on rubber head (not accurate, like elites) on the right.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20170805_141535.jpg
  • IMG_20170805_153652.jpg
  • IMG_20170805_141639.jpg
  • IMG_20170805_141718.jpg

#3 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

How much did the 100 pack from Walmart cost?

#4 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Sorry, forgot to add that. $8.88 before tax.
30 yellow for $3 before tax.
After removal of foam domes, these are far more accurate than nerf accustrike/ekind waffles/koosh. Atleast out of my blaster.
Just don't get the "old" adventure force darts. Just as crappy flight as elite darts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users