Nitefinder M4

Lookin' tactical

38 replies to this topic

#1 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:33 PM

In the past few months, I tried to put a NF's internals into a 99 cent store's toy m4. After days of constant dremelling, hot gluing, and sawing, it failed to operate correctly. I was so pissed off that my lengthy project did not work at all.

Now, I decided to just hack off some of the toy gun's parts and intergrate them with my nite finder. First, I sawed off the front barrel support. Then, I took my barrel assembly, which already had a 4' brass on it, and I covered it in the brass with the m4's grip.
Posted Image
Finally, I took the m4's carrying handle and glued it to the top of the nite finder. The finished product looks quite spiffy, but calls for a black paint job. Hopefully I'll get that done next weekend. The range is the same, 50' flat, and works great.
Posted Image
I was considering putting the m4's stock on the nite finder, but I thought it would be too much and I really like the handle on my NF. So what do you think?

#2 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:10 PM

I'd like to see how it looks with a black paint job.Good job BTW.
Morons With Guns own you.

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:47 PM

That looks sweet. Although I would also like a pic of the 99c gun. Good luck with the paint job.

~Halfling

#4 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:29 PM

I'll try to find a picture of the 99 cent gun; I know I took one somewhere along the road. Anyway, I discovered that I had some black paint. WOOT. So I painted the entire gun black and it's never looked better. There's a few spots that need to be touched up, but that can be taken care of later. Enjoy the picture:
Posted Image

#5 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:49 PM

Sweet!!!
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#6 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:17 PM

Very original and well done.

Looks like some of your paint is scratched/peeling, though.

Edited by Hunter, 21 August 2004 - 06:18 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#7 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:29 PM

There's some spots where there's not enough paint and I need to get around the screws. I'm going to touch it up. I was thinking about using Krylon spraypaint but I wanted to hand paint it instead. It leaves a different texture than the spray paint and I find it more appealing.

#8 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:03 PM

Oh fuck no. You beat me to it! For a while I've been planning on making an M4 out of an NF, I had plans and everything, I just needed a toy M4. Damn that sucks.
Thats awesome though, compliments for doing it! But then again, I was gonna completely turn it into an M4. Like that paintball gun posted a while back. So this is good. <_<
Thats still extremely rad! Good to see some of that stuff.
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#9 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:38 PM

You could put a butt on the end of it. Try buying a retracable stock and glut it around the plunger handle...then....try maybe cuting out the top of the stock but not all the way down it so that you can get to the plunger handle.

Edit: Also, I haven't read all of the posts, but are you going to put some kind of barrle on it and add a hommade site thats like the m16? Try putting brass in the stock and then make it really short with the m16 site at the end of it. (maybe like an airsoft mini gun.)

Edited by jpshyboi9, 21 August 2004 - 09:40 PM.

#10 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:42 PM

I could pretty easily put a stock on it. I still have the stock pieces and all I would have to do is some dremelling. The thing is, if I did put the stock on, it would be awkward to cock. I need to think about doing that. And as for the scope, I really wouldn't want a red dot for a nite finder. If it were my SS2, I would of put a red dot on.

#11 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:00 AM

If it a requalar stock and not an ajustable one then shorten it some and take the back out of it or cut a little section out of the top of it so you can get ur fingers in it.

#12 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:31 AM

Amazing the amount of mods that came from the NF's and LNL's.

Excellent, Uber work there.

Hurley, shhhhhh, be quiet about the M4 thing. :P
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#13 Gene-ious

Gene-ious

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 11:51 PM

o yea.. have u tried putting the M4's ammo clip part to the NF's Ammo holster? saw that bottom part off and stick the M4's ammo clip to it and it will be a mini M4
<----Down to Earth Thinker

#14 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:10 AM

The paint looks but, but I think that you should dry-brush some of it in a metalic metal paint to give some depth.

#15 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 08:13 AM

It needs a moc flash suppresor on the front or something to act as a barrel. Seems weaird without it. Looks good though other than that. You should try to put a stock of some kind on it.

#16 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:09 PM

Nice job! Looks great!

#17 Phantom X

Phantom X

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:40 AM

You should paint the cocky-deal and the trigger a dark blue. Or dark green. Or both. :)
My keyboard is dusty. How did it get this dusty? Who knows. The spirit
of dust, the dust fairy... Dustor, the dust monster... who knows.

I should probably dust my keyboard now.

#18 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

You should paint the cocky-deal and the trigger a dark blue. Or dark green. Or both. 

I'm sorry to say, but this topic is 13 days old.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#19 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

In the code of conduct, it says do not add to topics that are over a month old.

--Diego

Edited by Diego, 11 January 2005 - 02:53 PM.

Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#20 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:49 PM

You should paint the cocky-deal and the trigger a dark blue. Or dark green. Or both.

I'm sorry to say, but this topic is 13 days old.

Hey Sparky; you've been doing this alot lately. Lay off the new guys a little bit, he didn't do anything wrong. This topic alone was ressurected a couple of times previous to this incident. Cut them some slack, it seems that all you are capable of is bashing these people for posting 13 days later, when you infact, did the same.

The lesser of two evils is probably going to be not looking like an ass yourself, and letting the kid bring back the topic. It's not that old.

I find the topic interesting, it was a good second read.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#21 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:54 PM

Basically if you have something to add to the topic that is germane to the subject at hand or gives a person advice about something, then I really don't see reviving a topic as being a bad thing. Anyway, I'm going to paint the cocking handle and maybe the trigger black. I also have a few other nice add ons that should be glued on shortly. I may post some pics soon.

#22 Guest_Thworp_*

Guest_Thworp_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:53 PM

is it soon yet?

#23 SnIpErX125

SnIpErX125

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:12 AM

That is disgustingly awesome.
CAUTION: These plastic BBS sting like a mother when you get hit by them, so don't go shooting at the cat with it.

www.geocities.com/darkmessenger125/NerfRetreat.html

#24 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:54 AM

Wow... this is a five month old topic. I remember this so long ago. :mellow:

#25 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:30 AM

one thing i found that makes my nf look alot better (imo) is to cut off the ammo holders under that led/laser thing. just try covering up the ammo holders with your fingers first though, because its better to visualize before you cut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users