Replacement stampede motor?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:45 AM

So, I'm not dead!

Anyway... I looked up replacement stampede motors, and all that showed up was a 2013 thread recommending that you use airsoft high torque motors (that cost about as much as a stampede)

So since it's been 4 or so years now, I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper replacement stampede motors?
( I mean aftermarket motors, not a motor from another stampede.)

Thanks in advance,
Silly.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#2 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

According to what I've read from SG Nerf, the stampede can actually be modded fairly easily. The main thing that may break are the gears, not the electrical parts. He's used his stampede on a 9kg spring and fired roughly 1000 shots with no wear and tear on the motors. Captain Xavier also has run his stampede on a 6kg spring load for many years on stock motors.
With that said, the only replacement I know of are airsoft motors but those are real expensive...

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 21 July 2017 - 09:03 AM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#3 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

The reason I need a replacement stampede motor is i was using a stampede motor for a different project, but I kinda lost it. Tore my place apart looking for it. So I need a new one preferably with more torque.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#4 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Bump

#5 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Haven't tried it but what about tamiya High Torque motors?

youtube.com/user/asean12

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users