nerf apoc nerf war nic grade diy class apoc 2017

29 replies to this topic

#1 Nickrarri

Nickrarri

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Date: Saturday August 5th, 2017
Time: Arrive by 9:30. No, seriously, we will start on-time this year. 
Location: Joe Palaia Park (aka Deal Test Site) in Ocean Township, New Jersey.
Google Maps Link -- Detailed Directions <--Follow these directions or you will end up at the wrong entrance or the wrong park!

Link to the Facebook Event page:

https://www.facebook...}]&has_source=1

Hosted by Nickrarri in conjunction w/ Alfatrooper & Langley

Weather warning: Be prepared to play in heavy rain. Bring a change of clothing and wear clothing and footwear that dries quickly. If there is a risk of lightning strikes in the area, we will suspend play temporarily, and resume half an hour after lightning is no longer observed. There is no rain date, and the war will proceed as planned regardless of weather conditions.

SUPERSTOCK ROUNDS - There will be some (optional) superstock rounds this year.  During these rounds you must use full-length stock nerf brand darts, or compatible knockoffs (no FVJs).  There are no additional blaster restrictions.  All other Apoc rules still apply.  The rounds played will still be short NIC style rounds (probably 3-15) so do everything you can to minimize the time you spend picking up darts and reloading mags between rounds.  Reload time between rounds will be limited.  These rounds will not last all day, so you will still need an "NIC style" blaster (see next section).  There will be regular rounds during all Superstock rounds if you aren't into Superstock.

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST NERFHAVEN EVENT - You will need a blaster that fires homemade darts, preferably a home made spring powered blaster or an approved pump/valve style blaster (airgun). Due to the openness of the field at Apoc, it will be more difficult than usual to compete with a stock or superstock blaster during regular rounds.

DIY Darts: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=23034
DIY Blaster: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=24406

PARENTS - This event is not a day care or a summer camp. This is an event run by irresponsible foul-mouthed college aged kids. The ammo most people are using contains metal. There is no adult supervision, no liability insurance, and no one who will take responsibility for your kid. People frequently get bruised, and occasionally get minor injuries consistent with other sports and outdoor activities. If none of this scares you, congrats on being an awesome parent! But if you wouldn't let your kid go off into the woods to play paintball with a bunch of teenagers unsupervised, maybe skip this one.

YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
-Be 13 years of age or older, or accompanied by someone who is who will take responsibility for you. 
-Familiarize yourself with the rules and schedule
-Show up on time
-Attend the orientation if this is your first APOC. Orientation will be held at 9:30 in the staging area. Try to arrive by 9:15
-Be familiar with dart/blaster restrictions
-Bring Protective Eyewear. Everyone is required to wear eye protection. Goggles or safety glasses which are rated for impact are strongly recommended. Masks of any sort are discouraged (This isn't Canada, no one is aiming for your face).
-Bring your own darts and blaster. Assume you will need around twice as many darts as usual, and/or be prepared to sit out a round just for dart sweeps. Bring a backup blaster. Don't expect anyone to wait for you to fix your gun to start the next round. Bring a springer pistol. Bring a blaster that fires stock darts if you want to participate in the Superstock rounds.
-Lunch is your own responsibility. There will not be enough time to leave for lunch. I suggest you bring a packed lunch and eat on the field. If you leave for lunch you *will* miss rounds.
-Bring Water. It will be extremely hot and humid. A minimum of 2 liters of water/Gatorade is recommended (many people bring at least a gallon). There is nowhere to get water on the field.
-Bring Hat/Sunscreen/Sunglasses. It will be hotter than satan's taint, and there is not much shade at the park. Bring sun protection or you will burn.
-Follow the instructions of the hosts and field supervisors. Certain people will be designated as field supervisors and will be helping us run rounds. Listen to what they say. Our authority as hosts and admins extends to them for the purposes of this war.
-Clean up after yourself. Flagging tape, bottles, etc must be removed from the park.

DART RESTRICTIONS
All home made darts must be made using a 1/2" diameter 1/8" thick adhesive-backed felt bumper from McMaster-Carr, part#8771K12. Darts may only be weighted using a single #8 or #6 washer, which must be entirely covered by the felt bumper. Unmodified stock darts are also permitted. See this thread for more details Contact me via PM if you have any difficulty purchasing the McMaster materials.
Stock nerf brand ammo is permitted. During the Superstock rounds, only full length darts may be used. 
Knockoff stock darts are permitted, except for those with hard solid tips (FVJs). 
MHA pink silicone dome darts are permitted.

BLASTER RESTRICTIONS
EDIT: Your blaster should be chrony-ing around 150-250FPS. Are cap is 300FPS but the majority of blasters being used will fall into that range.

DO NOT BRING Blasters that look like guns. If your blaster does not look like a toy, cover it in orange tape, or we will tape it on-site. Blasters in this category include: blasters painted black (especially pistols), ERTL Pump action shotguns, and blasters painted brown, olive drab, or any other 'realistic' colors.
TITANS and anything with a titan tank in it must fire stock titan rockets or Draconis rockets. You may not fire any size dart out of a Titan.
SCEPTORS must be colorful. Make it look as little like a paintball gun as possible. Wrap the tank in fabric or stripey tape or something. If you replace the tank, the tank volume may not be made any larger (stock is about 800cc). The OPRV must be kept stock and you must retain the stock pump (handle replacements are fine).  If you bring a Sceptor, BRING ANOTHER PRIMARY, as sceptors may not be allowed in certain rounds.
UMBs, BIG BLASTS, ANYTHING DESIGNED TO SHOOT AMMO LARGER THAN A MEGA DART must include the stock OPRV. No McMaster OPRVs, and no 'tweaked' OPRVs. If we suspect your blaster does not have the stock OPRV, Muttonchops will be allowed to pump it until he hears an OPRV kick in, or the tank ruptures.
DO NOT BRING Super Soakers
DO NOT BRING Melee weapons/swords
DO NOT BRING Shields (hits to any shield-like items you may be carrying will still count as a hit)

If you are not sure about a blaster, leave it at home. If you want to be the guy at APOC who's gun shoots farther than everyone else's, *you* should stay home. If you are still unsure approach me before the day to confirm if it's legal or not.

CANCELLATION POLICY/RAIN DATE
Short answer - there isn't one.

The cancellation policy is that there is no cancellation policy. We plan this war months in advance, and rescheduling is not an option. Unless a state of emergency is declared, I'll be at the site on Saturday morning. If hazardous conditions arise, such as lightning, we may temporarily suspend play, but this war goes on rain or shine and you should be prepared to play in moderate rain.

SOCIAL MEDIA

If you can't attend APOC this year you can follow the event by following Nerf Haven's Snapchat, nerfhaven.

TIPS FOR THE WAR
Rules and conduct
What to bring, and what not to bring
Dealing with the heat

Add to Post

Attached Thumbnails

• 13241350_866646186798057_9084342295808789252_n.jpg

Edited by Nickrarri, 18 June 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#2 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Best first post I've ever seen <3

Attending as usual.

~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#3 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

I probably ought to come to this thing

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#4 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

attending.

lmao no FPS limit for SS,
200 is really low btw, 300 was the limit i thought

#5 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:58 PM

I will be there. Woohoo APOC!!!!!!!

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#6 Nickrarri

Nickrarri

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Best first post I've ever seen <3

Attending as usual.

Lol I made an account just for this. Langley has a tendency to keep banning me.

attending.

lmao no FPS limit for SS,
200 is really low btw, 300 was the limit i thought

"Around 200FPS" most blasters shoot 150-250, anything more than that is basically a singled titan and I, like most others, don't fuck with that shit.

#7 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

Will be coming up. Need lodging however. 

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

I will be there.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:27 AM

The facebook event is the 2016 one

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#10 Nickrarri

Nickrarri

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

The facebook event is the 2016 one

Updated. Good call.

#11 mangonerf

mangonerf

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

Hype hype attending with my usual plus one
"paintball shoots pain, airsoft shoots plastic and nerf shoots metal. I think you can tell which one is awesome."

#12 Shade Wolf

Shade Wolf

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

Ill be there. So will new projects

Edited by Shade Wolf, 23 July 2017 - 11:15 AM.

I Mod and know things.

#13 Thanhtacles

Thanhtacles

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

I see no mention of premade stock artifact FVNs in any of the thread chains. I believe Arma banned all fvj variants, but what's the verdict on those for APOC? 

#14 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

I see no mention of premade stock artifact FVNs in any of the thread chains. I believe Arma banned all fvj variants, but what's the verdict on those for APOC? 

also banned. They have solid heads, 

#15 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

Let's burn the tires and light some fires big daddy...I will be there!
And if Bhajj or Princess Peach don't make a post then put me at +2.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#16 The Nerfaholic

The Nerfaholic

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Is anyone selling darts that will be there? PM me.

Roses are red, And violets are blue. One day we'll cruise down Blood Gulch avenue.

#17 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

My fat ass is gonna be in attendance, let's see if the heat roasts this pig this year.

#18 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

Coo coo boo!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#19 mangonerf

mangonerf

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

are ther really going to be this few people going to the war

"paintball shoots pain, airsoft shoots plastic and nerf shoots metal. I think you can tell which one is awesome."

#20 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

are ther really going to be this few people going to the war

There's 29 committed on facebook. You can feel lonely in a group that large if you want to.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#21 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Confirming I will be there.  My priorities are gunslinger rounds and catching Lugia and Moltres.

I hate you.

#22 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

I will be there with water and sunscreen available as per usual. 

Also selling OFFICIAL APOC BANDANNAS - $10 for a set of orange and blue team color bandannas, bonus color Crossbow Purple for an extra $5.  CASH ONLY.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#23 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

I'm tired and everything is sore.

Stock Triads are the best.

#24 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

It was a great war! Close to forty, at least when I counted, showed up, with relatively little downtime between rounds. A nice change of pace, doing NIC and making it out to APOC for the first time in six years (I think).

My loadout was relatively silly, due to my lack of micro-sized slugs, but single shot air blasters worked well. The Slimeball Gobzooka was a blast, hurling 3cm diameter mongos far enough to hit people with their homemade contraptions. Scavenging ammo for the Doomsayer worked out fine, and it was great seeing people again.

New Jersey. It's a silly place.

#25 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

Brought five blasters, three broke, but only one was totally unusable. Progress from the the last CTNO I attended, where everything broke down on me. 

I regret not bringing more, but I didn’t feel like fooling around with anything else. My rainbow was murdering people all day and it was great. It was great meeting people and great hanging out with those who I already knew. I hope to go again next year, maybe even with a proper Virginia contingent. 

Awaiting the photo albums!

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nerf apoc, nerf war, nic grade, diy class, apoc 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users