Photo

I love the modulus flip clip!

11 replies to this topic

#1 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

After reading, and seeing quite a few videos of people saying they do not like the flip clip I decided to buy one and see what all the fuss was about.

At first I did not like it for all the reason most people don't. Its longer than 18 round clips, half the darts hang upside down potentially losing darts, would be kind of hard to carry in a clip holding pouch/vest etc.

So, I took the little grey attachment peice off and used it to attach both 12 round clips side by side.
Now I can carry 24 darts in "one clip" that is only as long as a 12 round clip. It works grreat in my stryfe, but not positive which other blasters it would work well with.

Against what most others say, I would highly recomend the flip clip to all stryfe users (and possibly other blaster users, but I haven't tried it with any besides my stryfe)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20170611_125502.jpg
  • IMG_20170611_125545.jpg

#2 Lasagna

Lasagna

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

Any blaster a little pudgy arround the sides would probably need some more space. Still, now that the idea is out why not 3D print a side by side clip holder? I'll be sure to get working on this.... hehe

Edited by Lasagna, 11 June 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#3 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

I have done a similar thing with a regular 18 dart box mag and a 18 dart Firefly mag. The battery holder in the Firefly mag serves as a mag spacer so I have 36 darts much in the same way you have 24 darts. Of course, your method provides for a more "balanced" blaster (I've always found the 18 dart box mags unwieldy).

Edited by shandsgator8, 11 June 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#4 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

Yeah I've always preferred 12 round clips over 18 rnd clips for everything besides capacity. Ill probably end up buying more flipclips and doing this instead of more 18 rnd clips. If only the flip clips were clear...

I will probably do something similar with a firefly clip and regular 18 rnd clip as well as I've been wanting a firefly clip some kind of bad lately. Still won't stick down as far as a regular flip clip. Though I'm thinking the stryfe is one of the only blasters that will accept my flip clip due to being pretty flat on one side.

Edited by scruffynerfherder, 11 June 2017 - 03:57 PM.

#5 GensoNerf

GensoNerf

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:37 PM

I love the flip clip but I'd never thought of using it like that!  thank you so much for sharing!

#6 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

I duct taped two mags together like this, but one facing front and one back so I can flip it and always load the empty one the same way on the same side of the blaster. I've also printed a W-mag holder that is basically a fancy spacer to hold 3 mags in a "W" formation, but it's heavier than two mags and it's harder to load if it's all the way to my off-side.

#7 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:39 PM

The clipa do face opposite directions when doing this with the flipclip connector. Easy loading and the unused clip is always on the "flat side" of the stryfe. Easily my new favorite clip.

#8 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

I really like how easy it would be to reload the unused mag while nerfing away. It looks much more manageable than dump pouches and tac vests.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

I really like how easy it would be to reload the unused mag while nerfing away. It looks much more manageable than dump pouches and tac vests.

It is way easier, but you're going to be scavenging more unless you can keep a couple loaded spares somewhere.

#10 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Double post, ignore

Edited by Meaker VI, 12 June 2017 - 02:39 PM.

#11 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Heh, don't you mean flip mag?
In all seriousness, cool hack... I may have to get one myself. Do you know if this'll work with the Nstrike flip clip? That would truly be awesome if it would work. 48 darts all on your blaster with the ability to reload on the fly. I doubt it though....

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 12 June 2017 - 05:48 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#12 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

I'm not sure as I've never touched the old flip clips before

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users