Photo

Magnus + Retaliator Catch spring

4 replies to this topic

#1 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

So I wanted an extra power boost for my retaliator so I added a cut down Magnus spring. When I pull back to prime it doesn't catch, presumably because the catch spring is too weak. Does anyone know what I can get a spring from that will work for this spring combination?

#2 Penna

Penna

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

Try looking in ace hardware or similar stores. Thats where I usually get mine.

Wye not?- Astech

Watch this It isn't a rick roll

#3 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

I'm not 100% sure on this, but the catch spring may not be the issue. The Magnus spring's diameter may be too large, thus interfering with the actual catch. When you prime it back, the spring may be binding with the catch, not allowing the blaster to properly prime. Watch a "can it take a [k26]" vid on the retaliator if you don't get what I'm saying.
Otherwise, pen springs make a good addition to the stock catch for more power.
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#4 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

I'm not 100% sure on this, but the catch spring may not be the issue. The Magnus spring's diameter may be too large, thus interfering with the actual catch. When you prime it back, the spring may be binding with the catch, not allowing the blaster to properly prime. Watch a "can it take a [k26]" vid on the retaliator if you don't get what I'm saying.
Otherwise, pen springs make a good addition to the stock catch for more power.

Do you have a solution to this magnus spring binding to the catch? Do you have any recommendations on the pens for the catch?

#5 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

Do you have a solution to this magnus spring binding to the catch? Do you have any recommendations on the pens for the catch?

Unfortunately the only solution for the spring binding problem is to not use the spring. Simply put, the Mangus Spring won't work.
Also, any dead pens that you can dissect will work. Pen springs aren't that strong, so only use them as a power up.
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users