Photo

Longshot with a Magnus spring question

2 replies to this topic

#1 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hello all, I've just replaced my Magnus' spring with an ace49, and I'm wondering if I could add the stock Magnus spring to my Longshot. I believe that the stock Magnus spring is roughly 4kg, and the stock Longshot's spring is 3.5kg. With that spring load (~8kg) would TantumBulls reinforcement method be enough? I've already reinforced my boltsled, so I'm just wondering if it would hold up to a 8kg spring load.

Thanks.
Bubba
Edit: I know that the Magnus spring is a whopping 6 1/2 inches long, so I'll be cutting it down to 4 3/4 inches to fit the Longshot, and reduce power.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 10 June 2017 - 02:10 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#2 FFNerfmodding

FFNerfmodding

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • State:Kansas

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

I'm no springer, but I'm pretty sure cutting down a spring generally diminishes the performance, simply because you have less coils. I may be totally wrong, however.

#3 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

I'm no springer, but I'm pretty sure cutting down a spring generally diminishes the performance, simply because you have less coils. I may be totally wrong, however.

Yes it does weaken the power, but I'm cutting it down for that reason.

There is no more need for this thread, as I've found my answers elsewhere. Moderator or Admin, please close the thread.
Thanks
Bubba
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users