Photo

OMW EAT kit

11 replies to this topic

#1 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

So, I was thinking about buying a NIB EAT, and I will want some reinforcements for it because I have an 8kg retaliator/rampage/eat spring and it would break easily. So my first idea is to buy an OMW kit but they are both discontinued. Does anyone know where to get them?

#2 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

So, I was thinking about buying a NIB EAT, and I will want some reinforcements for it because I have an 8kg retaliator/rampage/eat spring and it would break easily. So my first idea is to buy an OMW kit but they are both discontinued. Does anyone know where to get them?

Since they are discontinued, you can't buy them anymore (notice the word discontinued?). The manufacturer (OMW) no longer produces these kits; therefore making it hard to find them new and in box. You can try EBay or kijiji, but don't be surprised if the prices are inflated.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 07 June 2017 - 07:08 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#3 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

Since they are discontinued, you can't buy them anymore (notice the word discontinued?). The manufacturer (OMW) no longer produces these kits; therefore making it hard to find them new and in box. You can try EBay or kijiji, but don't be surprised if the prices are inflated.

Why have they stopped making them? The blaster isn't discontinued.

#4 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

The only reinforcnents you really need are for the priming bar. With 8kg it will bend and potentially cause the blaster to not catch. I recommend the Blasterparts.de kit. It comes with a new priming rod and another reinforcement piece for behind the catch.

EDIT: wanted to clarify because I'm tired and didn't proofread. I have no clue how you can get a hold of an OMW kit unfortunately, but in my opinion the kit I recommend has the parts you will need for 8kg, while the OMW kit does not.

Edited by TheNerfZilla, 07 June 2017 - 10:15 PM.

I have a blog now!
How to Get Started Nerfing Pt. 1
Eat spaghetti to forgetti your regretti 

#5 Dino

Dino

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

You do not need to reinforce anything except the priming bar by epoxying it in place and use a stronger catch.

#6 dangman4ever

dangman4ever

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

Why have they stopped making them? The blaster isn't discontinued.

The EAT was literally only one store away from being discontinued. Kohl's was the only major store in the US still ordering and selling new EATs. However, if you check the Kohl's website, the EAT is no longer available. So for all intents and purposes, it's practically discontinued. 

#7 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

You do not need to reinforce anything except the priming bar by epoxying it in place and use a stronger catch.

Are trying to troll me? Why the f would I epoxy the priming bar in place?

#8 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

Are trying to troll me? Why the f would I epoxy the priming bar in place?

I think he meant that you should reinforce it with epoxy (in the grooves of the Plunger rod), as the plunger rod can snap with the ARs out.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 14 June 2017 - 05:59 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#9 Vintercon

Vintercon

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

I think he meant that you should reinforce it with epoxy (in the grooves of the Plunger rod), as the plunger rod can snap with the ARs out.

I believe you are mistaken, epoxying the priming bar means building an epoxy channel around the priming bar that connects the pump grip to the bolt sled to prevent it from flexing under the load needed to prime a higher than 5kg spring.

#10 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

I believe you are mistaken, epoxying the priming bar means building an epoxy channel around the priming bar that connects the pump grip to the bolt sled to prevent it from flexing under the load needed to prime a higher than 5kg spring.

Do you have a guide on how to do this with pictures?

#11 RStarr

RStarr

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Oh wow, I bought the Blaster parts kit on containment crew not 2 months ago and it's gone now. That's unfortunate. It came with the bar and a hollow plastic plug that stopped the new spring from distorting the plunger rod. That thing leaves welts. 

You can still get it here: http://blasterparts....-hr?___store=en

I think it's worth purchasing. Even if you destroy an EAT playing the hell out of it, all three parts will fit a new EAT shell fine. They may be discontinued but you can still find them many places.

#12 Vintercon

Vintercon

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

The Blasterparts kit appears to be instock at the moment if either of you are in need of it.

http://www.containme...bp_kit/bp-0102/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users