Photo

Does the rear loading AT3K mod work with crayola barrels?

5 replies to this topic

#1 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

I can't find PETG for cheap and the spacers will take too long to arrive, will the rear loading mod work with the crayola barrels I currently have? I don't see why it wouldn't work

#2 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

It sounds like there would be no harm in just *doing* it and then seeing what happens.

Edited by Meaker VI, 30 May 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

I kind of feel like crayola barrels are so short you can just front load them, and use your pinky to shove the darts to the back of the barrel if needed (and you probably won't even have to do that  if using full length darts like elites). Why bother with rear loading?

For PETG, did you check with Draconis? http://nerfhaven.com...al/#entry359134

You could also use 9/16" brass tubing. It will be more expensive than PETG, but you may be able to find it at your local hobby shop. The wall thickness you want is 0.014inches

You don't need a fancy spacer. You can make one out of the original barrels (assuming you still have them/didn't destroy them): http://nerfhaven.com/mods/cxwq_at3000/

Edited by jwasko, 30 May 2017 - 09:42 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

I did destroy the original barrels for THIS 3k but I thankfully have another turret from another 3k that should have enough barrel left. I'll try and find PETG first before I buy from Draconis because my mom probably won't let me buy PETG from someone else here due to how cautious she is about buying from others on forums.

#5 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

Crayola barrels were popular because they get a little tighter towards the back of the barrel. Before you get too crazy you may want to make sure your darts will pass through the entirety of the barrel. If needs be you might be able to drill that restriction out since pump powered blasters tend to perform better with looser fitting barrels.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#6 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

https://www.mcmaster...044t43/=17vfrnk

May also work.

Pros: It's a legit online store, so your parents may be happier buying from them

Cons: They only ship rush, and it's 4ft long so shipping will probably cost a good bit. Also they don't tell you how much shipping is until it shows up on your credit card.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users