Photo

Rival Magazine Storage?

16 replies to this topic

#1 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

I am looking for a good way to carry 12 round rival magazine on a battle belt or plate carrier. I don't want to spend $15 on a 3d printed holder for 1-2 mags. I was using these:

https://www.amazon.c...ht holder&psc=1

Which are fine for carrying a few magazines, but I want to carry about a dozen and 12 flashlight holders would use my entire battle belt. What I'm hoping exists is something that will hold 5-6 magazine arranged vertically and only use up 2-3 molle loops. I own a variety of dump pouches/holsters/admin pouches etc and none of them are quite right (they're mostly not tall enough).

What do you guys use to carry rival magazines? I'm open to pretty much any suggestions that will let me carry 10-12 magazines and cost less than $40 total. That can be one big pouch, two small ones, a thigh rig, whatever. I just need it to not take up a ton of real estate since I need to carry other gear as well.

#2 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

Maybe look into paintball pod holders? https://www.amazon.c...ball pod holder

You may be able to hold a few Rival mags in place of one pod. Not sure how well they will stay in place in just the pouch, though.

You might be able to make something out of PVC pipe and endcaps, attached to some strapping.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#3 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

Maybe look into paintball pod holders? https://www.amazon.c...ball pod holder

You may be able to hold a few Rival mags in place of one pod. Not sure how well they will stay in place in just the pouch, though.

This looks like a fruitful line of investigation, thank you.

#4 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

How long are you willing to wait? Nerf is coming out out with a rival vest this summer... That could be an option.
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#5 Lasagna

Lasagna

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

1. Find PVC/ABS/PEX/whatever pipe that fits the rival mags loosely/snugly.

2. Find endcaps to fit on the ends.

3. Cut the pipe to lengths that will leave some magazine to grab.

4. Put endcaps on each pipe.

This is probably how it would go.

You could glue them together, put loops, whatever.

Edited by Lasagna, 02 June 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#6 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

How long are you willing to wait? Nerf is coming out out with a rival vest this summer... That could be an option.

Need it for Endwar, so I need it to be at my house within 3 weeks.

Edit: And nerf brand clothing usually doesn't fit me (3XT shirt size)

Edited by ToadBrews, 02 June 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#7 Pineapplepies

Pineapplepies

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:47 AM

I am looking for a good way to carry 12 round rival magazine on a battle belt or plate carrier. I don't want to spend $15 on a 3d printed holder for 1-2 mags. I was using these:

https://www.amazon.c...ht holder&psc=1

Which are fine for carrying a few magazines, but I want to carry about a dozen and 12 flashlight holders would use my entire battle belt. What I'm hoping exists is something that will hold 5-6 magazine arranged vertically and only use up 2-3 molle loops. I own a variety of dump pouches/holsters/admin pouches etc and none of them are quite right (they're mostly not tall enough).
  R
What do you guys use to carry rival magazines? I'm open to pretty much any suggestions that will let me carry 10-12 magazines and cost less than $40 total. That can be one big pouch, two small ones, a thigh rig, whatever. I just need it to not take up a ton of real estate since I need to carry other gear as well.

https://www.wish.com...country_code=US

This is exactly what you need, fits your price range, and may be used, HOWEVER. I don't know if it works, all I'm suggesting is you check into these "fast mag" pistol carriers. I know the actual stick mag holsters can get really cheap, and depending on the dimensions of a regular rival magazine as compared to a regular nerf mag, you could potentially just use those. It's up to you, check into the dimensions of the pistol carriers, or go grab a 18 or 12 rounder and see if you could fit rival magazines in that profile.

I would be REALLY eager to know if it works, toadbrew, report back here if it works. Because if so, I think I single handily have found the best option for mag carriers, the 18 stack holders are cheap and good, and if this turns out, then we will have a rival option.

Edit:btw, these are molle compatible, and if anyone knows I WILL HIGHLIGHT THIS HERE BECAUSE I NEED AN IMPORTANT ANSWER. Do anyone know if these holders would work, it says it fits anything from a glock 45 ACP to a 1911

Edit 2:Did some even more research, toad you are lucky, rival 12 mags fit into the dimensions of a 12 mag when put sideways, so remember that discussion the other day about my stuff? Yeah, find cloth 5.56 or 7.62 mag holders, and find a molle vest(if you need I can link you one) and use all of that, I also have a link for a perfect holster that's $15, has storage for 6 of your rival magazines, and is MOLLE compatible on front and back side

Honestly, I am quickly growing to love these fast mag things, they are cheap, useful, can be inverted, and use MOLLE webbing, what more do you need. Now final thing is be warned, I just checked, the width of a rival magazine is too thick to fit into the profile of a regular mag, however that doesn't exactly translate into it not working. You just need to try it out.

Edited by Pineapplepies, 03 June 2017 - 10:05 AM.

<p>It's nerf or...... every other blaster brand that is better 

Darth nerf "I used to like the deploy, I ''twas but a learner, now I am the master" Obi buzz bee kenobi "only a master of nerf evil darth"

#8 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Interesting. I ordered a paintball pod holder, if that doesn't work I might try those  next.

#9 Pineapplepies

Pineapplepies

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

Interesting. I ordered a paintball pod holder, if that doesn't work I might try those  next.

Well, i mean if you want more holders, use these, that chest rig i linked the other day is actually only $30 or so if you know where to look, and you can get an even cheaper rig if it's just a vest and not a full on rig.

https://www.amazon.c...uct_top?ie=UTF8

These are the holders you want that i know would work for 6 rival mags.

Darth nerf "I used to like the deploy, I ''twas but a learner, now I am the master" Obi buzz bee kenobi "only a master of nerf evil darth"

#10 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

Well, i mean if you want more holders, use these, that chest rig i linked the other day is actually only $30 or so if you know where to look, and you can get an even cheaper rig if it's just a vest and not a full on rig.

https://www.amazon.c...uct_top?ie=UTF8

These are the holders you want that i know would work for 6 rival mags.

I have condor mag pouches, they are good for dart mags but if you try to put rival mags in them they fall out when you run. Which, unfortunately, is also the case for the paintball pod holding belt. The elastic bands that retain the pods just aren't set up right to hold rival mags since they're longer but thinner. It will be good for when I get a nemesis and have a use for paintball pods though.

I have a pouch that holds 8 rival magazines but not securely once you remove a few, I think I am stuck with that plus using the clips to attach a couple to the rails on my zeus. I might just sew something myself, or make a duct-tape/cardboard thing.

#11 Pineapplepies

Pineapplepies

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

I have condor mag pouches, they are good for dart mags but if you try to put rival mags in them they fall out when you run. Which, unfortunately, is also the case for the paintball pod holding belt. The elastic bands that retain the pods just aren't set up right to hold rival mags since they're longer but thinner. It will be good for when I get a nemesis and have a use for paintball pods though.

I have a pouch that holds 8 rival magazines but not securely once you remove a few, I think I am stuck with that plus using the clips to attach a couple to the rails on my zeus. I might just sew something myself, or make a duct-tape/cardboard thing.

Well dangit. Yeah, I would do that, however. If you are willing to spend the money, I personally would just ask you try out the fast mag things, and quite frankly, if that works you could have dump pouches, AND then these fast mag things holding extra rounds you can just pull out and shoot the balls into the nemesis with the release all button.

#12 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

I have condor mag pouches, they are good for dart mags but if you try to put rival mags in them they fall out when you run. Which, unfortunately, is also the case for the paintball pod holding belt. The elastic bands that retain the pods just aren't set up right to hold rival mags since they're longer but thinner.

Could you tie or otherwise fasten off the elastic so it retains better?

#13 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Could you tie or otherwise fasten off the elastic so it retains better?

No, it's wide and short bands, there's not really any way to tie them to anything.

I *think* p90 mag holders would work but unfortunately my budget for endwar is getting very tight and I need ammo more than I need perfect mag holders.

#14 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

I find the 3 fold collapsible condor dump pouch works fantastically for rival mags and I was able to hold 8 in the pouch and 1 in the atlas I was using

#15 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

I'm using a drop-leg pouch like this, which works pretty well.  I can fit three 12-ball clips in it, and they stick out enough that I can reload them when not actively being shot at.
https://www.amazon.c...words=leg pouch

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#16 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

I'm using a drop-leg pouch like this, which works pretty well.  I can fit three 12-ball clips in it, and they stick out enough that I can reload them when not actively being shot at.

I love that one dude. I must get one now lol

#17 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

I just ordered it, thanks for the link! You should have set it up as a referral link... I'll report back with how this works for regular N-Strike Mags. 

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users