Hyperfire super unsafe mod, master on/off switch advice

3 replies to this topic

#1 MrFiveThumbs

MrFiveThumbs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hey, first post. Yay. I made a video of my second ever nerf mod here: 

As I got rid of all the safety features in the process, I tend to grab the thing every now and then in ways that unintentionally spin some of the motors. I was thinking that instead of putting the safety stuff back in there, maybe I could add in an over-the-top master switch, to keep the innards simple and have the minimum number of moving parts in there that could somehow fail. So I'm about to put in something in this style: http://imgur.com/a/Gts9W

Any good advice before I just jump in?

#2 GensoNerf

GensoNerf

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

If I understand the type of switch, It will flip it when you close the flap.  I would recommend a rocker switch because it has a smaller profile, is less likely to be knocked accidentally, and can be integrated into the aesthetic of the blaster a little bit easier(In my opinion).  

#3 mykeypowell

mykeypowell

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

well i think you should put it in and your mod is great keep up the good work

#4 MrFiveThumbs

MrFiveThumbs

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:30 AM

Well I've gone ahead and done it now. Works like a charm. While at it, I also threw in a 2S lipo battery status display, which turns on when the flywheel motors spin. I ended up mounting the display upside down, as I hold it with right hand, and look "over" the gun when checking the display. The reason it's not on the other side is that I want all electronics to be on the bottom half of the nerf when opening it up, so there are no wires connecting the two halves, potentially snapping if someone else opens it up in the future.

Next up I think might be a speed controller potentiometer for the conveyor belt motor.

IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1313.JPG
IMG_1315.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users