Pull Style Converter For Blast Buttons.

Xbz blastbutton blast button

5 replies to this topic

#1 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

So, i have been thinking about this for a bit now: can we make a way for the xbz to be fired on a pulling motion, not a push of the button. I came up with this, but havent made it yet.

IMG_3991.PNG

Blue = xbz
Black = blast button
Orange = body of mechanism
Green = tension spring (V.Small)

There is a sliding wedge with a return spring on one end. You would pull on the non spring side with a piece of wire attached to a trigger, which would slide the wedge over the blast button, firing the xbz. One problem: i dont have materials to test this, so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could do a prototype of this for me. I just need some quick input as to if the design works as it should in reality. Thanks!

Edit: please forgive my magnificent MS paint skills.

Edited by Silly, 26 May 2017 - 10:41 AM.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#2 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

It should work, but I have a few questions/concerns. The body mechanism that slides over the blast button must slide on some sort of rail/guide right? Otherwise wouldn't it just be able to lift it off? If there is no rail/guide for it to slide on, when you pull the trigger it may lift up instead of pull back. A solution could be to cut some small grooves  under the blast button for the mechanism to slide.

It would't be too hard to make a prototype out of some cardboard and hot glue... The final product should be poly-carbonate as it is clear and you could see if the mechanism jams up or anything. Unfortunately for you, I need to study for an exam so I can't make the prototype... sorry

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:59 PM

Why not simply make a rotating trigger similar to what's used on many Rainbow Catch homemades? That should reduce the complexity a bit.

12.jpg

(Example from http://nerfhaven.com...wpump-writeup/)

Edited by jwasko, 26 May 2017 - 11:02 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:16 AM

Bubba: it's hard to show 3d in Ms paint :) yes there would be a guide box around the wedge.

Jwasko: space is a major factor in the project I'm working on, so a lever wouldn't work. (Trying to make the xbz be fired on a keyring Infront of the main trigger)

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#5 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Bubba: it's hard to show 3d in Ms paint :) yes there would be a guide box around the wedge.
Jwasko: space is a major factor in the project I'm working on, so a lever wouldn't work. (Trying to make the xbz be fired on a keyring Infront of the main trigger)

Ok, sorry for the confusion... But yeah, it is pretty hard to show 3D in programs like that.
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#6 GensoNerf

GensoNerf

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Could you build a mechanism similar to the rainbow catch design and just link a cut down version of the trigger to the keyring?  If it's attached a little below the pivot point, it should pull up and press the button.  You could make it compact while still maintaining functionality, probably not even that much bigger than a rail system would be.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbz, blastbutton, blast button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users