psa safety news forbes cbsnews idiots

3 replies to this topic

#1 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

POPULAR

I encourage everyone to please take the time to read this important article on Forbes.com which was written by Dr. Robert Glatter.

In this article, Dr. Glatter warns that "Hasbro now has a product on the market known as Nerf darts".  These darts, which are "akin to bullets" have caused minor eye injuries for 3 people in the UK which required them to use eyedrops for a short period of time.  Dr. Glatter goes on to further warn that these darts can be made even more dangerous through modification as shown in this video.

I implore anyone who is organizing any event using these new Nerf darts to heed the expert and well informed advice of Dr. Glatter; please use full-face protection and avoid modifying these darts in any way.  Failing to follow these guidelines places everyone in risk of minor eye injury and/or death.

Thank you.

~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#2 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

Definitely don't put poo on the darts because then they can cause pinkeye

#3 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

Definitely don't put poo on the darts because then they can cause pinkeye

I didn't know people did that. This is such a dangerous hobby. Maybe we should quit doing it?

#4 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

I didn't know people did that. This is such a dangerous hobby. Maybe we should quit doing it?

I dunno, I think it's still safer than putting poo inside paintballs or making airsoft pellets out of frozen pee

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: psa, safety, news, forbes, cbsnews, idiots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users