Photo

Alternative options for Stryfe?

5 replies to this topic

#1 EricTzH

EricTzH

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

I wish to buy a flywheel blaster, but I found that Stryfe is discontinued and it cost 45 dollars or more now, almost twice of the price it was.

Any suggestions for better alternative flywheel blaster? or Stryfe is still the best at the moment? (in the aspects of mod difficulty, performance before and after mod,costs to mod)

Edit: Opps, forget to mention, Im currently in United States so 45 dollars means 45 USD

Edited by EricTzH, 15 May 2017 - 03:24 PM.

#2 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Rapid Red, Demolisher, Modulus, and the Desolator IIRC are all basically stryfe clones. Rapid red is the cheapest.

#3 Lasagna

Lasagna

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Desolator last time I checked in Walmart (here in Canada) was like the same price as the stryfe, and it comes with a 10 dart clip which is better than the sixes I guess.

#4 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

The stryfe still sells from Amazon.ca for 35CAD, and toysrus.ca for 40CAD. That's approximately 25USD and 30USD.

With that said, some good alternatives are the Rapid Red, Modulus ecs-10, Desolator, Hail-Fire, Demolisher, Cam ecs-10, Stockade, and Rayven (All are semi-auto)

Full auto flywheel: Rapidstrike, Hyperfire,  and Regulator, Those two lists were in no particular order.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#5 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

A trip to your local goodwill could yield some kind of flywheel blaster.

#6 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

POPULAR

The Stryfe is not discontinued, there was just a lul when they switched to the new 2017 production line and changed the blasters packaging.

They should be in stores across the nation, for $25.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users