Is This A Home.M Or A Mod?

Question homemade mod

6 replies to this topic

#1 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

So I have a really quick question. Does it still qualify as a mod if only the handle and airtank are used, but, say, theres a long arm sticking out of the blaster?

Ex: Say theres a strongarm with a piece of pvc sticking out the front with an airtank slapped on the front of the pipe, with all the orginal strongarm internals removed completely?

(Planning for the mod contest(hey where is the offical upload post for that?))

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by Silly, 10 May 2017 - 09:54 AM.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#2 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

So, a Strongtitan? Mod, then.

Edited by Maniacal Coyote, 10 May 2017 - 10:31 AM.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

IMO, it's a mod if you've used shell and powertrain parts from stock blasters. It's a homemade if you've completely built the powertrain from nothing, unless the powertrain you've built is essentially just a very strong rebuild of what was in there before (i.e.: OMW kits, pulling the PT assembly out of a crossbow and rebuilding that, etc.) and one that fits within the confines of the existing blaster. Nightfinder-rifles would be the greyest of areas.

IIRC, it doesn't matter though; homemades and mods can both enter the contest and are just separate categories.

#4 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

...essentially just a very strong rebuild of what was in there before (i.e.: ... pulling the PT assembly out of a crossbow and rebuilding that, etc.) 

So, The Morrigan falls completely in the "Modded" category? Groodalicious!

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#5 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

If it started out as a strong arm with the intention to mod it, then it's a mod.
IF it starred out as homemade inernals that needed a body, then it's a mod,
it's ONLY a homemade if any part of the strongarm isnt used mechanically.

#6 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

The strongarm isnt what im doing, its just an example. Trust me, the thing that im doing, if it works, is gonna be like nothing like youve ever seen.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#7 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

POPULAR

Anyone ever hear of patience? I'm going to be paying the winner out of my own/my family's pocket and doing this in my "spare" time, after all.

It doesn't matter though; homemades and mods can both enter the contest and are just separate categories.

What he said.

You want to submit a blaster? Submit a blaster. We'll figure out what category it goes into before judging, I promise.

Edited by jwasko, 10 May 2017 - 03:15 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users