What air tank to use for a shotgun?

air air tank shotgun

5 replies to this topic

#1 Penna

Penna

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

I wanted to build an air powered shotgun but I am unsure of what air tank to use. I was thinking about a panther but it seems to be a bit small. What air tank should I use and what number of darts should I use for that airtank?

Wye not?- Astech

Watch this It isn't a rick roll

#2 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

XBZ is probably the easiest to get, and should do fine for three .50 caliber (elite) darts. If you want to use a lot of darts (like using a maverick cylinder as a shell) you could use a drain blaster.

#3 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

Or the good ol Titan. You can make that shoot around 10+ at once.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#4 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

Titans, XBZ, Drain blasters are probably the best. I'd use a drain blaster since Titans are mildly hard to find (thrifting), and I don't think they sell XBZs anymore.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 13 May 2017 - 05:15 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#5 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Titan

#6 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

Titans or XBZs work great and aren't extremely hard to get. Drain blasters typically aren't allowed at wars but are usually the best option. I would also say a shotblast or SM5K tank but I'm not sure on them as both haven't really been used in shotgun builds and SM5Ks are very rare nowadays. Anything with a big tank and quick air release should work for a shotgun build

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: air, air tank, shotgun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users