Photo

xd better than elite?

3 replies to this topic

#1 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

As title asks, are the elite xd's actually better than the elite's? If so, what actually makes them better, or have extra distance?

I am thinking about picking up a retaliator elite, but so on the fence about which one...

I really like the look of the blue elite retaliator, really like the look of the sonic ice blue and really like the white elite xd (partly due to the "xd" and bc it actually says elite on it...lol)

So in stock form, are any of them actually "better" than the others?
If so, what actually makes it better, and would modding it make them all the same (aside from cosmetics, with equal mods?)

Thanks everyone

#2 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

The XD line is a sham, a marketing scheme to get people to buy two of the same blaster because it's a different color.

Most are the same, some are worse.

The Retaliator lost about 20feetpersecond with the XD sham.

If you have a choice, get the Blue Retailator

#3 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

The XD line is a sham, a marketing scheme to get people to buy two of the same blaster because it's a different color.
Most are the same, some are worse.
The Retaliator lost about 20feetpersecond with the XD sham.
If you have a choice, get the Blue Retailator

This is very true, I have the "elite XD " retaliator and it is much worse than the original. The XD variant only fires around 40-45 PTG with elites. The original gets around 50. My advice is to get the one that you think looks the best, and the one you'd be happy with.
As for the Sonic Ice variant, the ranges are the same if not better then the original retaliator.
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#4 RStarr

RStarr

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

I mean, I know we all have different means, but the retaliator is a simple light upgrade. Buy what you like and obtain a better spring. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users