Nerf Vulcan Modification (Help)

vulcan ebf-25

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

So I'm modifying a Nerf Vulcan to increase its fire-rate and all of that good fun. but I am running into a serious problem that I am having trouble fixing and I am getting concerned that I might render my gun useless if I don't do this properly.

I'm about half-way into completing the modification and I've now reached the slip clutch. This little gizmo is responsible for rotating the belt feed to ensure that the next dart feeds in, however it is has a safety in it to prevent it from "Force Feeding" and damaging itself. Whenever it tries to feed and too much force is applied to it, it "Slips" and does not feed instead.

For anyone that's ever done anything with the vulcan or havok fire (even the old maverick) this is really bad.

My problem is I need to disassemble it and I can't find a way in. The only method I know how to get in is to pry off the T shaped end cap (Part 1 in the picture), but it simply WILL NOT MOVE. It feels like its glued.

Any suggestions?

For reference here is the diagram of the part in question.

moZSYxB.jpg?1jRsMcXK.jpg

#2 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

Update: I'm convinced that it is glued or welded in place, I just attempted to punch it out using a vice and a hammer, I damaged the T connector slightly but it can still perform its function.

#3 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

Use boiling water. Dip it in for a second or two and then tap it with a hammer. It should come off if it's glued.

#4 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

I'll try this right now, thank you.

#5 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Update: It finally came off thanks to vaan's advice, even after boiling it for 3 minutes it took a significant amount of force to dislodge. Time to complete this upgrade!

I'm going to use JB weld in the teeth and around the outside to ensure a good strong bond, I'll let it set and harden until tomorrow night then put it all back together.

Edited by Lordtac, 06 May 2017 - 10:54 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vulcan, ebf-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users