Photo

Nerf Mastodon motors.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jago1234

Jago1234

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

Hi all. Ive decided to try and mod my Mastodon and i want to make this thing a force of nature. However the biggest motors ive seen people put into it are the MTB 180s and I dont see the point of putting those motors in a Mastodon when you can fit them in a smaller flywheel blaster such as the stryfe and so on.

So does anyone know where i can source some monster motors that will fit in the same points as the present motors with minimal shell modification?

#2 Trashmouse

Trashmouse

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

I think mastodon motors are like rival motors: they are strong enough. Just rewire them and put a 2s/3s lipo in them. Just keep an eye on those gears

#3 Vim Fuego

Vim Fuego

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

I'd love to see one of these fitted with 540s - RC car motors. Full overkill mode :D

It might require more shell modding than you're prepared to go for tho...

#4 Jago1234

Jago1234

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

Oooooo if you think it can be done. Where abouts should i look for these 540s? The goal for this is to keep a stock-ish fire rate but to hit like an absolute freight train. If the neighbors don't hear this think spool up its not scary enough.

#5 Vim Fuego

Vim Fuego

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

This is the sort of thing you'll be looking for:

https://www.horizonh...electric-motors

prices range from $20 to $200+...

...and I think you'll need some way of throttling them down a bit so that they don't just shred the darts as they go through the flywheels, which means you might need some sort of heat-sink arrangement to go along with it too...

I really don't have the technical knowledge to help you with this in any way - I'm just a dreamer :D

#6 Jago1234

Jago1234

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

Bloody hell. Yeah ill have to do some research into it. For this kind of set up it might just be easier to build the shell around the internals and make a more ergonomic blaster haha.
Cheers Vim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users