University of Chicago Nerf Email

hvz nerf

2 replies to this topic

#1 An unnamed cell

An unnamed cell

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

So last year I unfortunately made the mistake of giving colleges my contact information, and although most of the emails and letters I have received are either scams or brochures, I did manage to stumble across several interesting attempts at making colleges appear captivating to teenagers.

But out of all of them, I'd have to say this one from the University of Chicago is the most interesting.

The email was called "Our campus is zombie ready." (They know how to get my attention)

university of chicago nerf.PNG

(If the image doesn't load for some reason, the university is basically using HvZ to lure kids into their college... Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Idk if this is old news, but I just thought that was cool and worth sharing. I never would've guessed that colleges would use HvZ as one of their main hooks (probably says something about the college), but I can't complain. And considering emails like this get sent out to high schools across the nation, maybe this brought some new people into this hobby.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Edited by An unnamed cell, 02 May 2017 - 08:23 PM.

The plebiest of the plebs.

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

HvZ at UChicago is awful.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 evilalec555

evilalec555

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

UIC Is just awful

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hvz, nerf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users