Firestrike Nerf Mods ideas Ideas

20 replies to this topic

#1 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

Hey Guys.

Just recently bought myself a Firestrike for my "mini" Secondary/Flashlight because i think it's a good idea to have a 2 in 1 so like anyone. i come to seek your advice/suggestions for parts. Ideally being a suitable spring for HvZ, i knew Orange Mod Works did a full kit but sadly Discontinued way before i joined this community. so if anyone has great ideas i may use or base off.

#2 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

Either coupler it or brass barrel.
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=23506
A guide, right from here on nerfhaven. Wow so surprised.
Seriously thought also look around the mod directory there are a lot of good write-ups there.

#3 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

Since you have shown interest in the OMW kit, just buy the upgrade spring. I'm pretty sure that they still sell that. If not, then a substitute spring can be a strongarm, cut to length [k26]/25, or a slightly shortened ace49. Take out the air restrictors too. From there, just brass or cpvc the barrel. Boom! Just 85 feet flat like that.
Next time you should've just done a quick search on the haven or NIC.
Happy modding
Bubba
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#4 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

Oh look at this, a write-up! By me! http://nerfhaven.com...e/?fromsearch=1
I have a blog now!
How to Get Started Nerfing Pt. 1
Eat spaghetti to forgetti your regretti 

#5 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

You could go REAl old school and make a nitmav out of it, but you use a fire strike instead. You could also put a [k26] in it and pad the plunger head.

Edited by Eightdotno, 27 April 2017 - 04:52 PM.

#6 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:06 AM

Well thank you all anyway 

Oh look at this, a write-up! By me! http://nerfhaven.com...e/?fromsearch=1

Sarcasm noted, and yes i did read this and began some simple ones, such as removing the air resistor and taping the air seal. 

pad the plunger head.

Would this be using either a rubber or foam padding? 

I'm pretty sure that they still sell that. If not, then a substitute spring can be a strongarm, cut to length [k26]/25, or a slightly shortened ace49. Take out the air restrictors too. From there, just brass or cpvc the barrel. Boom! Just 85 feet flat like that.

Well the [k26] spring is a voted winner so i'll look into that and as for the old OMW kit given its discontinued it's either very hard to find or non-existent now, which i felt personally was a shame but hey easy fix.   

Seriously thought also look around the mod directory there are a lot of good write-ups there.

Noted: and yes i'll make better use of it.

#7 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

Warning: [k26] comes in 11" long segments and requires bolt cutters or a dremel to shorten.
Blaster parts has a good spring I have in my firestrike. It can be found on containment crew.

#8 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

Would this be using either a rubber or foam padding?

You can use either one, but foam will lose its benefits more quickly. Honestly though, the stock rubber padding is probably enough, I've never had issues with it.
I have a blog now!

#9 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

You can use either one, but foam will lose its benefits more quickly. Honestly though, the stock rubber padding is probably enough, I've never had issues with it.

Thats fair enough all i've done so far with mine is remove the AR and E-Taped the air seal and so far part happy with that as i don't have access to power tools.

Blaster parts has a good spring I have in my firestrike. It can be found on containment crew.

thats fine i'll look and see what they have or so another question any benefit to changing the "catch" spring i've seen someone do it.. sadly my memory isn't great. just a minor curiosity 

#10 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

For me at least, foam padding works better but does not last as long unless you pad both the plunger tube and plunger head.

Edited by Eightdotno, 28 April 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#11 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

Since the Firestrike is a front loader, and not mag fed, a rubber washer of the right diameter would work well. If not, felt pads, craft/mega dart foam works quite well. I'd recommend that you superglue the padding down so that it doesn't come loose. But, the rubber washer I'd the best.

Well the [k26] spring is a voted winner so i'll look into that.

The [k26] requires spring cutters, bolt cutters, or heavy duty wire cutters to cut as it comes in foot long pieces. The [k26] is rated at around 12kg which is REALLY heavy for a Firestrike. You'd need to reinforce lots of stuff. The discontinued OMW one is like 8kg. For that reason, I'd recommend the [k25] spring. It's lighter at about 8 kg and won't break your blaster. However, you have to get a heavier catch spring. OMW sells some for elite blasters that will handle up to 10kg. Other wise just double up from the stock one.
Happy modding
Bubba
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#12 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

i'll look and see what they have or so another question any benefit to changing the "catch" spring i've seen someone do it.. sadly my memory isn't great. just a minor curiosity 

With a [k26] I'm not sure, but on all mine I run Home Depot ever built springs and it's not necessary. The stock catch has really good geometry so you don't need a super beefy spring, the OEM one works great. K26s are a little bit stronger but I wouldn't be too worried if it were me.
I have a blog now!

#13 AtraUnam

AtraUnam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

Replacing the front barrel of a firestrike (or any nightfinder line blaster) with a triad absolver is a really good way to increase capacity without really reducing power:

Image Linked because its huge

Edited by AtraUnam, 29 April 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#14 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

Replacing the front barrel of a firestrike (or any nightfinder line blaster) with a triad absolver is a really good way to increase capacity without really reducing power:

Image Linked because its huge

That looks awesome, sadly i can't integrate so if i was to do that i'd have to get a commission done. (Due to i don't have access to power tools needed)  but a good name for it keeping it simple the Tri-Strike. though given the image i'd epoxy that area where there attached and paint it. 

Edited by Tail-Break, 29 April 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#15 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

With a [k26] I'm not sure, but on all mine I run Home Depot ever built springs and it's not necessary. The stock catch has really good geometry so you don't need a super beefy spring, the OEM one works great. K26s are a little bit stronger but I wouldn't be too worried if it were me.

No, the [k26] is about the strength of an ace49 which requires a better catch spring. The stock catch can only handle about 8kg max. [k26] is 12kg. So yes, the stock catch spring must be upgraded or the blaster will not work with [k26]. For some more info on fire strikes and [k26], just watch Captain Xavier's video that has the fire strike in it (episode 4?).
Happy modding
Bubba

Edit: I was just on Amazon, and OMW does in fact sell a Firestrike main upgrade spring. Not the kit, the spring. It is listed as for the strongarm,firestrike, rough cut, crossfire, etc.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 30 April 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#16 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

No, the [k26] is about the strength of an ace49 which requires a better catch spring. The stock catch can only handle about 6kg max. [k26] is 12kg. So yes, the stock catch spring must be upgraded or the blaster will not work with [k26]. For some more info on fire strikes and [k26], just watch Captain Xavier's video that has the fire strike in it (episode 4?).
Happy modding
Bubba

Edit: I was just on Amazon, and OMW does in fact sell a Firestrike main upgrade spring. Not the kit, the spring. It is listed as for the strongarm,firestrike, rough cut, crossfire, etc.

It definitely might need a catch spring for a [k26] (although I want to say I've had one work on a stock spring before but I'm not sure I honestly don't remember) but I know for a fact that it can hold over 6kgs. I use the larger spring out of this set for my firestrikes, and it is definitely more than 6kgs.

http://m.homedepot.c...16084/202045472
I have a blog now!

#17 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:30 AM

It definitely might need a catch spring for a [k26] (although I want to say I've had one work on a stock spring before but I'm not sure I honestly don't remember) but I know for a fact that it can hold over 6kgs. I use the larger spring out of this set for my firestrikes, and it is definitely more than 6kgs.

http://m.homedepot.c...16084/202045472

Thats fair enough, i've been hunting around and i think a 6/7 spring would do nicely, but thank you for the link, sadly i am UK based and we lack a Homedepot 

#18 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

It definitely might need a catch spring for a [k26] (although I want to say I've had one work on a stock spring before but I'm not sure I honestly don't remember) but I know for a fact that it can hold over 6kgs.

Edited :)

I would just buy the OMW spring for the firestrike. Since you are in the UK, [k26] would take quite a while to ship there. So basically, buy the OMW spring. It sells on Amazon.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 30 April 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#19 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

How?

I have a blog now!

#20 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

How?

I changed my post from 6kg max to 8kg max.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 30 April 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#21 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

I would just buy the OMW spring for the firestrike. Since you are in the UK, [k26] would take quite a while to ship there. So basically, buy the OMW spring. It sells on Amazon.

Yeah but i'm not worried most of my parts came from the US, China and even Australia. but of cause i have BSUK for another bits along with ebay and Amazon 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firestrike, Nerf, Mods, ideas, Ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users