Demolisher nerf mods project

8 replies to this topic

#1 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hey NerfHaven

I've recently begun planning and researching; to mod my Demolisher and so far i've done some very basic mods. such as the E-Tape air seal mod and removed the "Grill" tip from the tube and sanded about 4/5mm of the bottom of the trigger (A simple mod i learned from FDS) for a better feed of the dart. At the moment that's what i've done and still got more planning to do. 

my list for these mods are: 

New Motors (130 Honey Badgers)

Extended mag release.

new FWC and Flywheels 

Rewire and microswitch (18 AWG For a 2s Zippy 850 Compact) 

Voltmeter.

Removal of any unnecessary locks.

And any mods you guys suggested in the replies 

So there my current list of mods, given the limited amount of space. so if anyone with more knowledge or advice as i am new to this then i'll be grateful or if you have any mods you recommend.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Tail-Break, 03 May 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Penna

Penna

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

You might want to cut of the barrel, add a pvc or cpvc coupler and use the barrel you cut of to make a rocket attachment. Then you could choose between a shotgun blast or a rocket or a whole host of other things. Here is a thread taking about the idea.

Here is a picture of something like what I am taking about that Montymarks did.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-124812-0-00356500-1492344675_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penna, 24 April 2017 - 10:07 AM.

Wye not?- Astech

Watch this It isn't a rick roll

#3 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

You might want to cut of the barrel, add a pvc or cpvc coupler and use the barrel you cut of to make a rocket attachment. Then you could choose between a shotgun blast or a rocket or a whole host of other things. Here is a thread taking about the idea.

That's not a bad idea. roughly what size would that be? i'm terrible with all these sizes for Brass and PVC/CPVC but at the moment i can get up from my Front door to my living room window which is roughly... 4/5 metres is the best range i can do but nevertheless not a bad idea. 

Thank you

#4 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

What battery's are you using. Lipo is recccomended. You might want to put over the faux barrel. Definitely worth the investment and pretty cheap after initial cost compared to imr or similar, even for additional blasters.
There are not many fwc considering that it is not the super stock standard. I will point you to the open flywheel project like I have others.
http://www.ahalekelly.com/
https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B015NAF588
Made for 180s but are you only option if you really want to upgrade you blaster. Worker wheels are recommended for their cages.

#5 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

What battery's are you using. Lipo is recccomended. You might want to put over the faux barrel. Definitely worth the investment and pretty cheap after initial cost compared to imr or similar, even for additional blasters.
There are not many fwc considering that it is not the super stock standard. I will point you to the open flywheel project like I have others.
http://www.ahalekelly.com/
https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B015NAF588
Made for 180s but are you only option if you really want to upgrade you blaster. Worker wheels are recommended for their cages.

Mine is a 2S Zippy 850 Compact LiPo, it's a nice and small battery easily fits in the battery trap once i get it sorted as for motors i'm gonna go 130s. But thank you i'll have a look at these FWCs and fair enough i seem to be getting a fair bit of worker stuff 

#6 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Mine is a 2S Zippy 850 Compact LiPo

Then do not go with rhino motors they are meant for 3s if you really want there performance.honey badger motors are optimal for 2s

as for motors i'm gonna go 130s.

Ik you are I'm saying that is what the cages were meant for.

#7 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

From a voltage perspective, a 2S LiPo will work well with MTB Rhinos. You may not get the highest FPS, but you'll get tighter groupings (at least this is the case with Koosh Gen 3 darts). Speedr117 is correct in that MTB Rhinos are designed for 3S battery packs, but they still work great at lower voltages. In my opinion, they work better at around 7.5 volts.

However, I don't know how well a 2S LiPo pack that has 850mah capacity will be able to handle the current draw. I use Eneloop AA NiMHs with my MTB Rhinos (in a 6 cell pack configuration which is very close to a 2S LiPo setup).

Edited by shandsgator8, 24 April 2017 - 02:30 PM.

#8 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:47 PM

R.I.P. me, I need to sand down that CPVC's inside.
Also, 1/2" CPVC pipe and coupler would work for barrels that size. 
8" CPVC barrel is ideal for this, more accurate than 6" barrel.
As for flywheel stuff, it's not really my strong point, so I can't help you there.

-Montymarks

Note: That Demolisher mod didn't take me long, the longest part was the epoxy drying.

Note #2: My epoxy putty said 1 hour to cure, I don't know what you're using.

Edited by Montymarks, 25 April 2017 - 05:43 PM.

sorry for how I was a year ago

#9 Tail-Break

Tail-Break

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

R.I.P. me, I need to sand down that CPVC's inside.

Also, 1/2" CPVC pipe and coupler would work for barrels that size. 

8" CPVC barrel is ideal for this, more accurate than 6" barrel.

As for flywheel stuff, it's not really my strong point, so I can't help you there.

-Montymarks

Note: That Demolisher mod didn't take me long, the longest part was the epoxy drying.

That's what this Forum is for so far i've been given a fair amount of suggestions and i know epoxy takes a good 24+ Hours to fully cure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demolisher, nerf, mods, project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users