Retalicon build and questions

3 replies to this topic

#1 Vintercon

Vintercon

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

Hello All,

I have recently finished the bulk of the work on my Clear Retalicon with a Worker Pump/Body kit. I am overall very happy with the kit and the guides I found for fitting the retaliator internals into a Recon. I do have a couple questions for folks with more modding experience than I.

This is the over all shot (I know its missing a pump grip, Amazon is being slow):

ExAQPde.jpg

My first question is about the stock attachment point, in order to catch the spring and allow the plunger rod to extend I cut off the back plate of my donor retaliator, sanded it down, and put it in the stock attachment point to catch the spring. This has pushed the stock attachment point out about an 1/8 of an inch and created a gap which is also allowing the stock to wiggle up/down/left/right. I am concerned that the increased movement will cause the leverage of the stock to shear off the stock attachment point or strip out the attaching screws.

My question is how do people capture the spring in a way that doesn't push the stock out? I have watched several videos on Retalicons on youtube and they all seem to be able to seat their stocks properly.

This photo is of the end cap with the spring retention plate and gap caused visible:

EkTHGgQ.jpg

A final photo of the gap with a stock attached:

e58BPZp.jpg

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions. I have been lurking here for a while and appreciate the wealth of information already available.

#2 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Put your retention plate *inside* the endcap, not outside it.

On the Retailicon I made a few years ago I used a thin sheet of pressed brass, cut it to size, and seated it inside the endcap.

The brass was sturdy yet thin enough to do it's job without moving the catch point too far.

#3 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Wrap packing tape around a suitably-sized stub of 1/2" pvc and cram it down the stock piece thing. It provides a guide for the piston rod. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0524.jpg
  • IMAG0523.jpg

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#4 Vintercon

Vintercon

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Thank you both for your suggestions, I wound up using the one from Blitz. I am keeping your idea for a later project Duke.

Thanks again folks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users