Photo

Help with Flywheel Braking

2 replies to this topic

#1 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

I followed MTB's rapidstrike guide and I don't know if I just did it wrong but it appears like the circuit doesn't include flywheel braking. The pusher braking works fantastically and I would like to know how to achieve this with the flywheels as well :) I assume I just need to add another wire to the rev switch's normally open tab, but I don't know where rhe other end needs to go.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#2 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

I can't say that I've seen any RS diagrams with flywheel braking. But, it would be no different from flywheel braking on a stryfe. You need to wire it so that the normally CLOSED terminal of the rev switch connects the flywheel motors to themselves via the common terminal. I put the added wire in red:

RS braking.png

Pretty sure that's right. As always, be sure to check with some non-rechargeable batteries (AAs or Cs or whatever) before connecting a LiPo in case there's a short.

To be clear: looks like MTB is using a two switch build in this video. Is that what you're doing?

Edited by jwasko, 20 April 2017 - 07:37 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#3 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:19 AM

I can't say that I've seen any RS diagrams with flywheel braking. But, it would be no different from flywheel braking on a stryfe. You need to wire it so that the normally CLOSED terminal of the rev switch connects the flywheel motors to themselves via the common terminal. I put the added wire in red:

Pretty sure that's right. As always, be sure to check with some non-rechargeable batteries (AAs or Cs or whatever) before connecting a LiPo in case there's a short.

To be clear: looks like MTB is using a two switch build in this video. Is that what you're doing?

I accomplished it by simply connecting the rev switch's normally open to any other wire that leads to the negative side of the motors. In my case, the easiest was just to solder it onto the same wire that activates motor braking for the pusher.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users