Photo

Longshot stage 3 kit?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hello, does anyone have any information on the Orange Mod works stage 3 kit for the Longshot? From what I have heard over their Facebook, it's expected to be released this year. The contents are a possible plunger tube replacement and a new breech?

Thanks,
Bubba
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#2 AtraUnam

AtraUnam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

I'm assuming you already have the stage 1/2 kits? If not you might be better of springing for the artifact stuff, much more durable and probably not much more expensive than buying 3 OMW kits.

#3 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

I'm assuming you already have the stage 1/2 kits? If not you might be better of springing for the artifact stuff, much more durable and probably not much more expensive than buying 3 OMW kits.

Actually, I have none of the kits at the time of this post. I will be getting stage 2 in a week or so, due to the fact that my boltsled is cracked... Artifact or Oznerf are not options for me since my parents will only let me buy from Amazon.
Back on topic, I'm just wondering if anyone has information on the Longshot stage 3 kit.
"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#4 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

Amazon is usually overpriced and also terrible. There are so many other sites that offer cheaper products and often have better selection (Ebay). Their customer service is also pretty nice.

I've seen an OMW clear plunger tube on Facebook. I have not heard anything about a breech. Judging by OMW's previous product teasers/preorders, we won't be getting it for a while. 

If you want to use full-length darts for just having fun with friends, I would recommend keeping the stock breech. While it is possible to create sealed full-length breech with brass, its pretty difficult and only usable with a pretty large springload. This can be commissioned, but considering your restrictions on web shopping, unlikely. 

If you want higher-power with half-length darts and just want a kit, look into the Artifact stefan or Hunter kit and/or the Jet Blasters Alpha Breech. 

https://www.jetblast...h.com/alpha-kit

https://www.monkeemo...9&product_id=55

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#5 hcat625

hcat625

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Does anyone know of cheaper options?

#6 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

I've seen an OMW clear plunger tube on Facebook. I have not heard anything about a breech. Judging by OMW's previous product teasers/preorders, we won't be getting it for a while. 

Unfortunately, I do not have Facebook so I can't answer my question...
Is the clear plunger tube for the Longshot? When was the post posted? If it's a yes for the first question, is it for their stage 3 kit?

Thanks
Bubba

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 19 April 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#7 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

Unfortunately, I do not have Facebook so I can't answer my question...
Is the clear plunger tube for the Longshot? When was the post posted? If it's a yes for the first question, is it for their stage 3 kit?

Yes, the plunger tube was for a Longshot. It appears to be resin-printed and somewhat durable. It was posted in the OMW Singapore page on April 13. 
There haven't been any posts about an updated LS kit, much less a sealed breech. I would tend to doubt it. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 17917923_2296535490570980_4513160721309157924_o.jpg

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#8 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

OMG, thank you so much. I am very hyped now, regardless of it even a real product...
Edit:
Ok, after doing some research the clear plunger tube is made out of clear polycarbonate and will handle spring loads of up to 16kg. Also, I saw some pictures of the breech system... So hyped.
No official release date is out yet.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 21 April 2017 - 10:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users