Elites/full length darts in an rscb

Rscb drain gun

11 replies to this topic

#1 Cthulhu Nerf

Cthulhu Nerf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

This is my first post so sorry if it is not the best. Also I'm pretty new to anything involving homemades.

Ok, so I have a drain blaster and would like to make it more efficient to use. I plan on trying to make an rscb. I've read every forum I can find about them. I know rscb clips will work with slugs but most wars in my area don't allow homemade darts.

So my question is, will a regular rscb feed stock darts or do I have to make some adjustments (like making the feeding slope longer)?

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

It simply has to be either an inline RSCB,

100_0242.jpg

or one inline on a wye with a long sweep conduit elbow (Having trouble finding a photo of this setup).

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

With stock darts, the rubber head WILL get caught on your barrel material and jam it if it is too tight. CPVC will almost certainly not work, nor will a brass barrel of any substantial length. I recommend a loose barrel such as PETG, potentially with a small stub of brass at the beginning to nest the dart in (be sure to flare both ends), or a short, push fit barrel, so that the dart won't have time to slow down and get stuck.

They both run off of RSCBs.

17922581143_9b4253e310_z.jpgDSC00262 by TheNerfZilla, on Flickr

They have 17/32 brass barrels, but they need a little more reaming out.

17920577874_5255b37177_z.jpgDSC00263 by TheNerfZilla, on Flickr

17922604033_94308dcc54_z.jpgDSC00265 by TheNerfZilla, on Flickr

The barrels I posted then did not work as shown, I had to recess the brass more into the pvc sheath so there was a consistent ramp into it, but once I did that they work very well. I've used those barrels to feed most stock-class darts from many different propulsion sources, including AAbows with low pressure and 3ks hitting 250fps. They work pretty well.

Edited by TheNerfZilla, 12 April 2017 - 09:02 PM.

I have a blog now!
How to Get Started Nerfing Pt. 1
Eat spaghetti to forgetti your regretti 

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

Huh. I'm reasonably sure the mark-8 used stock darts just fine. My CPVC must be a different fit than you guys' or I'm misremembering or something.

I also *know* I put elites through a CPVC'd drainblaster bazooka I was building, though I didn't have an RSCB on it. I'll try to check what's up, the PSCR hasn't been working and maybe stock darts are the issue.

Edit: tested the RSCB I have lying around with stock darts. I don't have a working blaster that is powerful enough to fire them out of that RSCB, but I did get it to feed just fine.

Edited by Meaker VI, 13 April 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#5 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

It'll work, but you might have to be a little picky about the darts you feed it. My RSCB'd panther feeds just about any cone tipped darts (elites, some third party darts) beautifully but it wont feed suction cup tipped darts or straight sided darts like the now popular waffle tipped darts at all.

My panther has a CPVC barrel adapted to a 1/2" pvc TEE on it - i did have to ream it to a smooth taper on the cpvc and pvc though.  

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#6 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

I currently run my titan with a inline rscb with a 2 foot long cpvc barrel, and it works just fine. I use the home depot brand cpvc, with one end reamed EXTENSIVELY.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Silly, 13 April 2017 - 10:08 AM.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

I know rscb clips will work with slugs but most wars in my area don't allow homemade darts.

I would find it really odd for a group to ban homemade darts, but allow you to use something ridiculously powerful like a singled drain Jobar or Titan.  I use stock darts in my RSCB-equipped RainbowPup and ESLT pretty much all the time.  Most of my group uses factory-made darts, so they are most of what I pick up off the ground during wars.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#8 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

Would a [k26]'d BBB be able to feed elites through an inline RSCB?

I know you can RSCB a BBB, was just wondering if it would feed elites.

Edited by ToadBrews, 14 April 2017 - 12:21 AM.

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Would a [[k26]]'d BBB be able to feed elites through an inline RSCB?

I know you can RSCB a BBB, was just wondering if it would feed elites.

1) Yes, Elites are not special darts requiring different mechanics, other than they are more difficult to feed through hoppers.

2) You are mixing descriptions.  RSCB setups have the "clip" portion stored behind a tee fitting, where the barrel is in front and the air inlet at the bottom.  An inline clip consists of a wider portion of tubing holding the darts, with the barrel at the front and the air inlet at the rear.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#10 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Huh. I'm reasonably sure the mark-8 used stock darts just fine. My CPVC must be a different fit than you guys' or I'm misremembering or something.

Now that you mention it, my CPVC is kind of ridiculously tight, and always has been, from the couple of places I get it. With worn darts you will probably still want to watch out, same with suction darts or EKIND.
I have a blog now!
How to Get Started Nerfing Pt. 1
Eat spaghetti to forgetti your regretti 

#11 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

2) You are mixing descriptions.  RSCB setups have the "clip" portion stored behind a tee fitting, where the barrel is in front and the air inlet at the bottom.  An inline clip consists of a wider portion of tubing holding the darts, with the barrel at the front and the air inlet at the rear.

Good to know, thank you.

#12 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

Yes, an RSCB will feed stock full length darts. I know for sure since I finished mine yesterday after school. Just make sure that your barrel isn't too tight. I would use a crayola barrel nested inside 1/2 inch sch.40 pvc. For air guns with a huge air output, 1/2 inch pvc will work perfectly fine. I can still get ~100 flat with my pvc barreled 1994 super soaker xp105. But that's when the air output is high. I'm pretty sure that a drain blaster will work...
But yes, full stock length darts will work in a inline RSCB.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 27 April 2017 - 06:03 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users