Double Threading Maverick Springs?

Maverick Springs Threading Mod Double Nerf Help

2 replies to this topic

#1 MasterDJV

MasterDJV

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hello! I've got 2 Mavericks. One Fine(Minus ARs), one broken(Broke Priming Rod Holder). Can I take the two springs and thread them together and place them/it inside the working Maverick for any kind of improvement? If so, is it significant enough as to I should probably replace the ARs in it(I saved them) as to save it from potential accidental damage? Thanks!

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

No. Because your springs will bind together when compressed.

The minimum compressed length of a spring is the wire diameter times the spring length, times the coils per inch. By sticking another spring in there you cut the compressed length in half because you doubled the number of coils per inch.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

A maverick spring is already impressively powerful in terms of its spring constant. The only thing you can do to improve it further is to do the "Penny Mod", wherein you put pennies (or your country's lowest denomination coin) behind the spring so that it reaches full compression. Youtube will tell you how.

Keep in mind that no matter how well you mod a Maverick,, it'll never be as good as a 5 minute modded strongarm.

I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Maverick, Springs, Threading, Mod, Double, Nerf, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users