Photo

Brass barrel sources

6 replies to this topic

#1 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Anybody know of a good source for brass pipes. Looking specifically for 9/16 and 17/32 for a sleeper breach recon mkii.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

Pure laziness

https://www.amazon.c...,k:Brass Tubing

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Penna

Penna

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

Try hobby shops, hardware stores usually don't carry those sizes.

Wye not?- Astech

Watch this It isn't a rick roll

#4 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

If you talk to the people at ACE they can order it for you. My store used to carry 9/16 but not 17/32, they now keep at least one piece of 17/32 stocked at all times basically just for me. I love my ace hardware it's amazing. Most stores won't do that, but if you just talk to one of the people at ACE, they can order it and have it shipped to the store. Amazon works too and might be cheaper though, I'm not sure.
I have a blog now!
How to Get Started Nerfing Pt. 1
Eat spaghetti to forgetti your regretti 

#5 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

Pure laziness

https://www.amazon.c...,k:Brass Tubing

Sorry captain slug. I should have been more clear. I want more of your personal ways to find, so I don't overspend on b-tier stuff.

Try hobby shops, hardware stores usually don't carry those sizes.

Hobby shops sound good, I will check the one near me.

If you talk to the people at ACE they can order it for you. My store used to carry 9/16 but not 17/32, they now keep at least one piece of 17/32 stocked at all times basically just for me. I love my ace hardware it's amazing. Most stores won't do that, but if you just talk to one of the people at ACE, they can order it and have it shipped to the store. Amazon works too and might be cheaper though, I'm not sure.

Ya my ace is pretty awesome, too. I will try. I can't seem to find 9/16 and only have one listing for 17/32 on amazon. I just hope I get quality stuff.

#6 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

K&S Brand machined metals make some quality brass tubing, and this is the brand you're most likely to find at a local hardware store.

Again, if your local store doesn't stock it they should be able to place an order for you; I've done so in the past with good success.

If you can't find any locally there is always our lord and savior McMasterCarr, who stock practically any hardware you could ever want. 17/32nd brass is #8859k34 and 9/16ths is #8859k35

#7 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

I want more of your personal ways to find, so I don't overspend on b-tier stuff.

K&S is a near-universal standard. Get it from Amazon, Ebay, Ace, whatever. It's all K&S. 

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users