Photo

Nerf Rival Khaos - Running Flywheel Motors for Extended Period of Time

5 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle3194

Kyle3194

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

I'm currently using a Nerf Rival Khaos in a project. The project consists of using the Khaos in two 10 minute rounds where it shoots at other objects. I was thinking of just having the flywheel motors run non-stop for each 10 minute round. My question is, will this burn out the stock motors? I just want to make sure the motors are able to be ran for that long continuously.
Also, everything in the gun is stock.

Edited by Kyle3194, 26 March 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#2 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

Are they being run on stock power or upgraded lipo?

#3 Kyle3194

Kyle3194

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

Are they being run on stock power or upgraded lipo?

Stock power. Everything has to remain stock for the project.

#4 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

Then you're probably fine. Those motors won't burn out on stock discharge capability from D-cell alkalines powering them at stock voltages. I would monitor the batteries though as they may be drained by running that long.

#5 Kyle3194

Kyle3194

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

Then you're probably fine. Those motors won't burn out on stock discharge capability from D-cell alkalines powering them at stock voltages. I would monitor the batteries though as they may be drained by running that long.

They are at least 8aH batteries (I believe so). I also tested the motors and it seems they draw 3A or so. Also, I'll probably swap them with fresh batteries in between the two 10 minute intervals to play it super safe. The main thing is I want to make sure that the motors won't burn out. Do you think I should add a cooling fan or add vent holes?

#6 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

That's capacity, not discharge capability. It wouldn't be able to discharge 8A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users