People Taken To Jail And Guns Confiscated For Nerf

read this article

29 replies to this topic

#26 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:54 AM

:P .. if those guns are modded(sorta like ours) that shoot like 70-80+ and they aren't using regular micros.. IT IS ILLEGAL, but if theyre just using the guns without modifying them.. its safe. CMON WERE JUST KIDS.. AND RUNNING GETS US A GOOD EXCERSIZE :P

RAMBO Posted: Aug 18 2004, 12:41 PM
As long as there is no damage to property, it's not hurting anything. It's not illegal," Andrew Shaver said. "I think it's something for kids to do instead of going out drinking or something like that. It's a good alternative."
DAMN RIGHT

and that is perfectly put from Andrew Shaver... GO ANDREW. hehe

Since when were modded Nerf guns illegal? As far as I know, the cops don't really give a shit as long as no bystanders are being bothered, or as long as property isn't damaged. If you find an exact law on the banning of modded Nerf guns, let me know. I think local governments have more important things to worry about than pass stupid laws like that.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#27 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:47 PM

:blink: .. if those guns are modded(sorta like ours) that shoot like 70-80+ and they aren't using regular micros.. IT IS ILLEGAL, but if theyre just using the guns without modifying them.. its safe. CMON WERE JUST KIDS.. AND RUNNING GETS US A GOOD EXCERSIZE  :wacko:

As long as there is no damage to property, it's not hurting anything. It's not illegal," Andrew Shaver said. "I think it's something for kids to do instead of going out drinking or something like that. It's a good alternative."
DAMN RIGHT

Since when were modded Nerf guns illegal? As far as I know, the cops don't really give a shit as long as no bystanders are being bothered, or as long as property isn't damaged. If you find an exact law on the banning of modded Nerf guns, let me know. I think local governments have more important things to worry about than pass stupid laws like that.

Everytime you modify a Nerf Blaster, you void the warranty. More importantly, you basically void an "Agreement" on the the blaster saying "Do not open or modify for any reason"; same goes for the darts.

I don't know American law, but I think that maybe voiding that little agreement may have something to do with how your actions are percieved by a figure of authority. Over here, in the north, things probably are different.

Basically, don't run your mouth like that, because you may not have all the information you need to make a valid statement. It may not be "illegal" but once you've modified that blaster, and you hurt someone, Hasbro takes no responsibility, you do. It's just not good practice by law to modify something that was made not to be modified, and to ignore the warnings.

I'm ranting now...

I love Nerf modifying, fuck the laws that may be against it, I don't Nerf at school so I don't need to care. Yay!
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#28 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 05:25 PM

:D .. if those guns are modded(sorta like ours) that shoot like 70-80+ and they aren't using regular micros.. IT IS ILLEGAL, but if theyre just using the guns without modifying them.. its safe. CMON WERE JUST KIDS.. AND RUNNING GETS US A GOOD EXCERSIZE ^_^

DAMN RIGHT

Everytime you modify a Nerf Blaster, you void the warranty. More importantly, you basically void an "Agreement" on the the blaster saying "Do not open or modify for any reason"; same goes for the darts.

I don't know American law, but I think that maybe voiding that little agreement may have something to do with how your actions are percieved by a figure of authority. Over here, in the north, things probably are different.

Basically, don't run your mouth like that, because you may not have all the information you need to make a valid statement. It may not be "illegal" but once you've modified that blaster, and you hurt someone, Hasbro takes no responsibility, you do. It's just not good practice by law to modify something that was made not to be modified, and to ignore the warnings.

I'm ranting now...

I love Nerf modifying, fuck the laws that may be against it, I don't Nerf at school so I don't need to care. Yay!

Quote boxes are pretty. :wacko:  :blink:

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#29 The Fred

The Fred

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

It looks like the representations my Java book uses for illustrating recursion. "A NerfHaven thread post is either an empty post or a post followed by a NerfHaven thread post."

The Fred

#30 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:37 PM

I'm ranting now...

It legally doesn't matter if you modify the guns, however Hasbro is not responsible if something happens, hence the warnings on their stuff. I have never heard of any police crackdown on modified foam toys. The only part of the "warning agreement" that Hasbro has is mainly for liability issues so that they won't get sued for anyone getting hurt by a modified gun.

My main argument on the legality of modified Nerf guns is that the police are not going to come into your house Gestapo-style, and put you in jail for possessing a modified toy. Possessing a modified Nerf gun is like possessing an aluminum bat: the police will not fine you or put you in jail for having it, however if it is deliberately used to inflict physical harm (i.e., adding poison needles to the tips of the darts), then you can get in trouble.

Edited by Oroku_Saki, 07 September 2004 - 01:21 PM.

"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users