SM1k

1 reply to this topic

#1 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

I finally got myself an SM1k, and I'd love it if the auto-rotation didn't kill itself.

Looking around I've seen many posts alluding to the fragility of the SM1k auto-rotation mechanism, but I haven't found any pictures or descriptions of how it breaks. Can anyone provide info so that I can attempt to reinforce accordingly?

I'll include a picture to refresh everyone's memory:

SM1k rotation mech.png

I've labelled the three components A, B, and C for easy reference. Original picture by Blue.

I'm guessing that the likely failures are:

1. Either of the two arms of component "A" snap (shouldn't be hard to reinforce or even replace the whole thing).

2. Component B breaks somehow (either breaking off the tip that interfaces with the cylinder or breaking where it attaches to part "C").

3. "C" seems pretty sturdy, but again the all-plastic, pin-in-hole connection to part "B" could be an issue for either component.

Any prior experience with SM1ks that you can share is appreciated.

Edited by jwasko, 23 March 2017 - 09:26 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#2 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

The tab on the front of the trigger broke off of mine. I repaired it with some polycarbonate and a 6-32 screw sticking up to replace the tab.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users