Photo

THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Pistol Sex Pistol Mag-Fed Pistol Multiple Orgasm

134 replies to this topic

#76 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

"The blaster has a grip that acts as the mag-well. Yes you can add the grip from another blaster so long as it will fit over the stock mag-well/grip.

And yes, you can make longer mags as long as you wind a longer spring."

How long can you make the mags?

Edited by Eightdotno, 27 April 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#77 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

First test assembly. The catch is not currently working. And this is currently shown without the mag, bolt, or slide return spring since I'm just testing the plunger right now.
sp_26.jpg
The PVC trigger is probably stretching under the spring load and it gets distorted just enough to go out of engagement. The teeth on the shuttle piece also seem to be getting crushed. The issue could be resolved by remaking the trigger and shuttle out of polycarbonate or aluminum, but I'll look at my backup plan first and come up with a catch design that doesn't require harder materials since this design will eventually need to be compatible with 3D printing. And those materials are roughly equal to PVC in mechanical properties.

Even a [k25] cut down to 5-3/8 inches in length is very difficult to prime with a top grip on a slide. So this is going to need a straight pull-back handle on the back of the slide whether that is a knob or a bar grip.

Any updates on the cad file? Thinking of printing one.

youtube.com/user/asean12

#78 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

I've been short of free time due to work. And what time I do have I've been using to get Caliburn-related molds made.

The blaster as it is now needs a catch design revision, and then testing of that revision.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#79 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

Can I help?

youtube.com/user/asean12

#80 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

Thinking of printing one...
Can I help?

It's not print-ready. This version is entirely machined; Slug and I and a few others kicked Caliburn around to get it printing well. The files that do exist are probably meant for flat plates and printing those will be innefficient at best.

#81 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

There are ergonomics issue I can't resolve completely until the catch is working predictably. I'm not really interested in out-sourcing the beta-testing and refinement phase because I can move faster on revisions when I encounter them. There are a few ancillary things on this design that I will probably want to change after the second testing phase. For instance I'm leaning towards merging the chamber with the barrel and just making both out of the same tubing.

Caliburn production does have a deadline that I'm on schedule to reach. I was only working on this as a side project while waiting for printed Caliburn files. I have not even had time to try winding my own springs for the two extra magazines.

There are upsides and downsides to taking a break from a projects. When you come back to them you usually have a much fresher perspective on them and can think about them more critically.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#82 p1st0n

p1st0n

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

I've been working on a semi-automatic pneumatic version. Current setup uses a MJVO-3, clippard cylinder, and hornet tank. I slapped this together in a few hours from scraps so excuse the horrible machining. Trigger has not been setup yet. It's currently 10" long, 6.5" high, and 1.25" wide. Currently running it off a magstrike bladder. Not all that practical for a war but a fun project to work on.

https://imgur.com/a/M75IF

Not pictured is a rubber band that returns the slide and all the tubing. The weird contraption on top of the slide is my take on a delayed blowback system. Without it the breech will open before the dart has left the barrel. Currently suffering from low airflow from hornet tank due to the sharp bend it undergoes before it entering the barrel. Any suggestions?

Edit: Can't seem to imbed a photo, sorry about the link!

Edited by p1st0n, 23 May 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#83 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

I've been working on a semi-automatic pneumatic version. ...

Great work! Amazing how simple it seems looking at your pic/description.

Edit: Can't seem to imbed a photo, sorry about the link!

ziyWl58.jpg

You can also upload them direct to NH in the full-reply options.

#84 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

I am still working on this. I have a new approach for the catch setup and the next prototype will be 3d-printed. I'm also going to contact Jones spring company about getting a quote for magazine springs.

#85 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

I am still working on this. I have a new approach for the catch setup and the next prototype will be 3d-printed. I'm also going to contact Jones spring company about getting a quote for magazine springs.

Any updates?

Edited by Geric2004, 02 August 2017 - 05:42 PM.

youtube.com/user/asean12

#86 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:02 AM

Not at the moment. I am currently occupied with Caliburn production. I'm slowly tweaking the design based on the prototype with the assumption that that new version will be completely 3D-printed. I have a new catch design figured out, I just need to get the main body of the blaster held together in a way that makes assembly easy.

#87 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Not at the moment. I am currently occupied with Caliburn production. I'm slowly tweaking the design based on the prototype with the assumption that that new version will be completely 3D-printed. I have a new catch design figured out, I just need to get the main body of the blaster held together in a way that makes assembly easy.

Would I be able to help?

youtube.com/user/asean12

#88 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

Thank you for the offer, but it's really about time. I only have so many hours in the day to do whatever.

#89 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

POPULAR

I'm getting there. It just needs a bit more refinement.

sp_27.jpg

#90 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

I'm getting there. It just needs a bit more refinement.

sp_27.jpg

This is a weird request but what would it hurt to make it look like a Jericho 941, Glock 19 or  the FN45? 

youtube.com/user/asean12

#91 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:11 AM

It's well beyond the proportions of any of those. It's held together by 1-foot sections of threaded rod.

Depending upon the outcome of the prototype I will consider shortening the plunger stroke to get this down to a smaller size. But for now it should have performance on average with most Rainbow pistols.

The last thing to fuss with is finalizing the catch shuttle and how it interacts with the front of the slide. I also need to tweak the plunger design based on things learned from Caliburn.

#92 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

POPULAR

The individual part designs for this are getting incredibly bizarre as I optimize them for printing and function. The shortened plunger is a single part. Many of the other parts are similarly collapsed from multiple machined parts. The slide assembly is held together with two 12-inch lengths of threaded rod. As is the main body of the blaster. The slide is guided by the barrel, spacers on the threaded rods of the main body of the blaster, and guide cutouts in the Frame1 piece.
sp_28.jpg
The end of the cable has a long printed hook attached to it. This hook runs into a spring-loaded latch ahead of the trigger. The trigger simply pushes this latch tooth downward to release the hook.
sp_29.jpg
The above Frame1 piece has the redirect channel printed inside of it.
sp_30.jpg
The Ram is just a pokey stick that the magazine feed lips can fit around.
sp_31.jpg
The trigger has a kinked spring rod printed into it. This will require some tweaking so that the loop end of the spring can be pried around it using needle-nose pliers.
sp_32.jpg
Nose.
sp_33.jpg
Front of the Slide.
sp_34.jpg
Rear cap for the Plunger Tube.

#93 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

POPULAR

I'm ready to do a test print of the grip to see if it's the right shape.

sp_36.jpg

I think I've also figured out how to do a rubber-band-powered follower without taking up too much extra space. So that's the first thing I'm going to prototype prior to putting the rest of the blaster together,

#94 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:29 AM

I'm ready to do a test print of the grip to see if it's the right shape.

sp_36.jpg

I think I've also figured out how to do a rubber-band-powered follower without taking up too much extra space. So that's the first thing I'm going to prototype prior to putting the rest of the blaster together,

Looking good! Looking forward to a smaller version. 12 inches for a pistol is too big for me. Also why not put the plunger/s in the handles (yes 2 if needed)? By making the plunger rectangular like the pocket strike.

Edited by Geric2004, 14 August 2017 - 06:30 AM.

youtube.com/user/asean12

#95 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

. Also why not put the plunger/s in the handles (yes 2 if needed)? By making the plunger rectangular like the pocket strike.

Because then there'd be no room for the mag?

Looking forward to a smaller version. 12 inches for a pistol is too big for me

Looking at the cut through, you could maybe cut a few inches from the PT and Barrel, but that'd be it and it'd hurt performance. 12" sounds fine for the function IMO - Caliburn's barrel is longer than 12".

Edited by Meaker VI, 14 August 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#96 Speedr117

Speedr117

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

Looking good! Looking forward to a smaller version. 12 inches for a pistol is too big for me. Also why not put the plunger/s in the handles (yes 2 if needed)? By making the plunger rectangular like the pocket strike.

This is the smallest it can go. Slug has been working hard on getting in pistol size, but the energy required to shoot nerf darts is actually quite high and thus requires a large plunger tube. It has to be even bigger considering it is not directly flowing and thus has some minor velocity loss. The whole point of this pistol was to make it mag fed through the handle so a jolt style blaster would not work + it would be jolt performance not nic-grade like the goal of this project was.

#97 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

A modified Nitefinder with a speedloader on the end of it would be roughly the same length as this.

I have a preliminary design for the rubber-band magazine and will try to make a test print soon just to try it out. I'm hoping to avoid having rollers on it, but they may be required for elastic range.

sp_37.jpg

#98 Geric2004

Geric2004

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:24 AM

Because then there'd be no room for the mag?

I meant the plunger tubes beside the mag. Like a sandwich [plunger mag plunger]

youtube.com/user/asean12

#99 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

Uh, there's only one plunger tube. Two side by side with a magazine in the middle would make your handle at least 4" wide which isn't exactly a handle anymore. Even if you reduce the diameter of the two plungertubes, getting proper air output and them firing together consistently does not work.

industrial designer

#100 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

That would be way too thick like Spud Spudoni said. No human would have that large enough hands to grip over a magazine and a plunger. Even if it were possible, there would be no way of connecting the priming handle to the plunger head. You'd have to make it prime from the bottom or something, and that'd defeat the purpose of this homemade.

Looking good! Looking forward to a smaller version. 12 inches for a pistol is too big for me. 

12 inches for a homemade pistol meant for NIC level gameplay isn't very large. Nitefinders and Firestrikes with speedloaders are around the same length.

Also why not put the plunger/s in the handles (yes 2 if needed)? By making the plunger rectangular like the pocket strike.

Two plungers mean that you have to prime twice to fire one shot. Also, with the two priming handles on opposite sides of the magwell, it'll be awkward to insert a mag.

A rectangular plunger system would be incredibly hard to manufacture. You'd somehow need to flatten PVC to get the plunger tube. Then you'd need to somehow source a rectangular washer or o-ring to get a seal. Finally, finding a spring that would fit inside a plunger like that and provide adequate power is next to impossible. Just look at the Pocketstrike's internals.

I personally think that the current design is great and Captain Slug is working hard to make it a reality.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 15 August 2017 - 07:13 PM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pistol, Sex Pistol, Mag-Fed Pistol, Multiple Orgasm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users